• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rompin’ Taco - OR 4x4 Long Boi 🌮

Got some updates for the Taco. I installed some @CaliRaisedLED amber fog lights and their side shooter ditch lights and low pro brackets. I'm impressed with both the look and quality of light for the price. The ambers really project a nice color at night and do a good job of keeping high visibility during the day on off-road trails. Also, was finally able to get some photos of the installed product on my recent trip to Anza Borrego. Such a cool place to explore. Need to go back for sure!

Post trip bug carnage and close ups of the Cali Raised Led installed product.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the Beast Fab sliders I'm going with. They are currently being built. Can't wait to get them installed! Going to be painted with a bed liner and will be bolted on.

Last edited:
Installed the TRD Skid Plate today. This thing is so beefy compared the stock off-road model, which is so thin I could bend. The TRD model is solid, made of aluminum (no rust), can be used as a jack point, made of one piece, and has a door to access oil changes.

The red TRD inlay is cool, but I kind of like the original one with just the embossed lettering. Either way, i'm stoked on it.

Pro tip: if installing by yourself, use a jack to hold it in place while you get the bolts set.

Got some updates for the Taco. I installed some @CaliRaisedLED amber fog lights and their side shooter ditch lights and low pro brackets. I'm impressed with both the look and quality of light for the price. The ambers really project a nice color at night and do a good job of keeping high visibility during the day on off-road trails. Also, was finally able to get some photos of the installed product on my recent trip to Anza Borrego. Such a cool place to explore. Need to go back for sure!

Post trip bug carnage and close ups of the Cali Raised Led installed product.

Thanks for choosing us!

Looks really good dude. How do you like the @ragofabrication bed stabilizers? was curious because i have a tent rack that is really sturdy (steel tube) and bolts to my track and is one solid piece where is does bolt on. so i feel like that keeps my bed more stable when offroad but if i can add support i would prefer to do so.

Nice doggo! Raising two pups right now, having a blast but they're cutting into my outside time... Oh, nice truck too. ;)

Looks really good dude. How do you like the @ragofabrication bed stabilizers? was curious because i have a tent rack that is really sturdy (steel tube) and bolts to my track and is one solid piece where is does bolt on. so i feel like that keeps my bed more stable when offroad but if i can add support i would prefer to do so.

Would highly recommend bed stiffeners. They're cheap AF (relatively) and frankly, worth it for the extra tie down points alone. I don't have Rago Fab ones, but I use the extra points ALL the time.

Thank you! The bed stiffeners are awesome. Super well made (Stainless Steel) and I actually notice they tightened up and straightened the spacing between the tailgate and the bed panel. In regards to supporting the added weight and stress your Roof Top Tent ads on the trail, I would recommend getting a set of stiffeners as they can prevent damage like stress fractures on the bed panels. I'm looking to get a bed cap/shell and everyone I've spoke to said I would need the stiffeners to support the stress and weight while off-road.

I'm pretty sure that front end setup is the same my friend has, he got the cbi front bumper with center hoop and it sags, BAD. He upgraded the springs and it's still a lot lower then my front end but I was just looking through and noticed that, not 100% sure but you may want to look into a bit more heavy duty if you end up getting a full front bumper.

I'm pretty sure that front end setup is the same my friend has, he got the cbi front bumper with center hoop and it sags, BAD. He upgraded the springs and it's still a lot lower then my front end but I was just looking through and noticed that, not 100% sure but you may want to look into a bit more heavy duty if you end up getting a full front bumper.
Good call, I'm leaning more towards the LoPro style bumper from C4 right now, it weighs less and I wouldn't have to redo the front suspension.

Good call, I'm leaning more towards the LoPro style bumper from C4 right now, it weighs less and I wouldn't have to redo the front suspension.
I'm not sure what springs you guys are talking about but I have 700lb springs and while it obviously dropped with the full hoop bumper, it is totally usable. I'm not saying don't get the low profile bumper because those look clean as hell. Just food for thought.

I'm not sure what springs you guys are talking about but I have 700lb springs and while it obviously dropped with the full hoop bumper, it is totally usable. I'm not saying don't get the low profile bumper because those look clean as hell. Just food for thought.
True, I also have adjustable coil overs that are set about mid way, so I would assume I could set them at the highest point and could correct any sag without switching to a higher # spring. Camburg said the springs I have are probably 625# part of the Bilstein 6112 set up.

My brother an I built this jerry can holder that mounts to the bed rail. So far so good. I haven't filled it up with gas yet. I used skateboard bushings to space it off the bed rail and to absorb shock.

This is dope. If I didn't have the rear bumper that I do, I'd 100% buy one from you. The skateboard bushing idea is so good and I feel like I need to remember that for future mods because it seems like it could be handy for other things too.

This is dope. If I didn't have the rear bumper that I do, I'd 100% buy one from you. The skateboard bushing idea is so good and I feel like I need to remember that for future mods because it seems like it could be handy for other things too.
Thanks, I used skateboard bushings for my quick fist shovel mount too. I feel it helps relieve stress and spaces the mounts off the bed rail nicely.

Back