• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rock Sliders

Anthony29

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I'm looking into buying some rock sliders for my taco but cant decide which ones to get what do you guys think which ones should i get or what do you guys have and why?

I'm looking into buying some rock sliders for my taco but cant decide which ones to get what do you guys think which ones should i get or what do you guys have and why?
I get to pick up my Pelfrey sliders next week.
I went them because they are local and super good customer service

All pro​
IMG_20170819_120840_619.jpg

I’ve got a set of Mobtown Offroad Bolt-On sliders. These sliders are true bolt on with additional beam and c-clamps unique to Mobtown sliders, they actually work with and wrap around the frame. These sliders were definitely way over engineered, but I’m pretty stoked to have them.

9181900D-29B0-42AD-B3E6-48C2CCB27658.jpeg
018A3B8E-E1CE-4280-96C0-BF8AAFBA12F7.jpeg
B5F64696-C668-43A9-96F4-84B689885DF8.jpeg

We'd love to welcome you to the #PelfreybiltFamily! We make a variety of Rock Sliders for Toyota vehicles including some for your Tacoma.
http://www.pelfreybilt.com/product-category/sliders/

These are available Bolt-On and have optional top plates that can be ordered before purchase.
http://www.pelfreybilt.com/product/16-tacoma-79-bolt-on-sliders/

Let us know if you have any questions!
-Pelfreybilt
www.pelfreybilt.com

Another plug for Pelfreybilt. Solid construction, local to me, known for their customer service, good angle to still be used as a step. They've become a very useful addition to our rig. We added a layer of skateboard grip tape across the top to increase traction.

IMG_20180214_152232913_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180217_110411397.jpg
IMG_20180420_122427146.jpg

Another plug for Pelfreybilt. Solid construction, local to me, known for their customer service, good angle to still be used as a step. They've become a very useful addition to our rig. We added a layer of skateboard grip tape across the top to increase traction.

IMG_20180214_152232913_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180217_110411397.jpg
IMG_20180420_122427146.jpg

You so cal guys and being close to the fabers. I hate you

I got mine from BAMF and I'm very happy with them but to be honest it came down to estimated lead time and price. The lead time ended up being a month longer than quoted and the price wasn't a huge difference though so...

They are great quality though and easy to bolt on with no drilling.

40873002470_64874998bd_b.jpg

40873002160_a63d2f026c_b.jpg

39073305550_b55b65c57b_b.jpg

Shrockworks, RockyRoad, and I think Demello are all very slim.

Edit- RockyRoad even has some that don't have the outer bar, just the square one that protects the rocker panel.
Thanks, gonna check these out.

Thanks guys i will definitely will have to make my mind on which ones to go with they're all good looking and have the same purpose.

ok thanks. thank you for your service
talk to michael, i think he might be in this thread he's the sales manager for pelfrey, they are super easy to work with and will work with you and your schedule to pick them up if youre local

Picking my sliders up today from Avid Offroad in Phoenix (Queen Creek). Got them in a little under 5 weeks, powdercoated and a couple hundred cheaper than the bigger brands online. Plus I wanted to support the local guys here. I'll post photos later today when I get them.

Picking my sliders up today from Avid Offroad in Phoenix (Queen Creek). Got them in a little under 5 weeks, powdercoated and a couple hundred cheaper than the bigger brands online. Plus I wanted to support the local guys here. I'll post photos later today when I get them.
Dope. I’m not sure if I’ve seen photos of their sliders installed yet. Hey, tell them the guys at T3G invited them to the site. ;)

Man, I just don’t know. I really don’t like the way they look. I’m trying to find ones that hardly stick out.

remember what happened when you went over the rocks at cleghorn. was it. they need to stick out man. thats what that kickout is good for

Thanks guys i will definitely will have to make my mind on which ones to go with they're all good looking and have the same purpose.
some are better than others.

Mobtown for the win.

remember what happened when you went over the rocks at cleghorn. was it. they need to stick out man. thats what that kickout is good for
Very slightly more than the width of the truck and I should be able to work with that.

Dope. I’m not sure if I’ve seen photos of their sliders installed yet.
I've got photos of mine installed at the end of the write up I did for my install (y)

Back