• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rock Sliders

IMGP6789.jpg
IMGP6790.jpg
IMGP6788.jpg
IMGP6785.jpg

Got them installed yesterday at Avid Offroad. I'm in love with the truck all over again.

Looks awesome. A little added confidence and peace of mind I’m sure!

Anyone seen the Demello hybrid sliders? They seem like they’re pretty slim in the few photos I could find.

Anyone seen the Demello hybrid sliders? They seem like they’re pretty slim in the few photos I could find.

Have you seen the guy in San Diego who makes sliders? That is the route I’d take if i had to do over again.

I went with @SDHQ OFFROAD bolt-on sliders for my DCLB for a few reasons. In my opinion, their fab shop is second to none out here in AZ, they have five anchor points, full coverage wheel-well to wheel-well, 4130 chrome-moly for super strong construction and light weight at the same time, TIG welded, kick-out towards the back and they look really clean with the slightly textured powder coat.

1530627016556.png

1530627029635.png

1530627046098.png

1530627061155.png

1530627075364.png

1530627089104.png

I went with @SDHQ OFFROAD bolt-on sliders for my DCLB for a few reasons. In my opinion, their fab shop is second to none out here in AZ, they have five anchor points, full coverage wheel-well to wheel-well, 4130 chrome-moly for super strong construction and light weight at the same time, TIG welded, kick-out towards the back and they look really clean with the slightly textured powder coat.

1530627016556.png

1530627029635.png

1530627046098.png

1530627061155.png

1530627075364.png

1530627089104.png

YES!

Man, I just don’t know. I really don’t like the way they look. I’m trying to find ones that hardly stick out.

And thus defeating their purpose, just get some N-Fab steps and call it a day brochahco......:p

Nah, I used mine at Cleghorn and they did their job perfectly.

Not trying to pick a fight but that is only one trail and you may have just gotten lucky haha. I have done plenty of trails that depended on the slider being further away from the vehicle, just adding my .02 in there. I understand people dont like the "kick out" or look of the sliders but there is a reason almost every manufacturer builds them the same way. Because that is the most effective way to protect your vehicle. You may never have an issue and get lucky but I could take you on a few trials back in AZ and UT that would require you to purchase a new door haha!

Not trying to pick a fight but that is only one trail and you may have just gotten lucky haha. I have done plenty of trails that depended on the slider being further away from the vehicle, just adding my .02 in there. I understand people dont like the "kick out" or look of the sliders but there is a reason almost every manufacturer builds them the same way. Because that is the most effective way to protect your vehicle. You may never have an issue and get lucky but I could take you on a few trials back in AZ and UT that would require you to purchase a new door haha!
I guess I come from a Jeep world where sliders can be pretty different than ours.

EA3CAB2E-BE04-46BF-BBF9-7E9B3012250C.jpeg

not being funny but in 2007 or 08 when this came out for the FJ a group of us were laughing that kick out slider is like a pinball machine you’ll be kicking around the rocks instead of sliding through them but I would like to see or heard if anyone who had these kick outs ever got stuck between 2 rocks and have to be pull out but who knows they don’t want to admit but that’s me lol

not being funny but in 2007 or 08 when this came out for the FJ a group of us were laughing that kick out slider is like a pinball machine you’ll be kicking around the rocks instead of sliding through them but I would like to see or heard if anyone who had these kick outs ever got stuck between 2 rocks and have to be pull out but who knows they don’t want to admit but that’s me lol
that, is fucking hilarious. but that sucks dude. ?

I guess I come from a Jeep world where sliders can be pretty different than ours.

EA3CAB2E-BE04-46BF-BBF9-7E9B3012250C.jpeg

I am also from there and had to break free of that. I thought your sliders were a lot closer than what you have there.

Well personally with the DCLB the kick out has saved me from tree and boulder alike! Trails to narrow to get around the object and I would have lost my bedside (not that it isnt dented but it is still attached and looks mostly ok). I havent gotten stuck yet like that but that is about the first legitimate counter to the sliders kick out I have heard haha. And while I still want mine, I too, would laugh at their dismay.

Need sliders but got so much money tied up at the moment.

Back