• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Relentless Fabrication Tailgate Reinforcement

Relentless Fabrication

relentlessfabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.relentlessfabrication.com
Its a well known fact that the tail gates on the 2nd generation Tacomas were weak and bent easily under even moderate load which led to our original reinforcement. Toyota learned a bit from their mistake and increased the strength of the 2016+ tailgate a bit, but it still lacks inner structure and the rough ribbed plastic panel is hard on the knees when accessing the bed plus makes for a terribly awkward surface to place items on.

2016_Tailgate_Reinforcement_ProductFINAL_grande.jpg

Our panel not only adds strength to reinforce your tailgate, but the flat surface makes for a much more ideal platform to set things on like grill's, stoves, or your favorite beverage while camping or hanging out at the lake for an afternoon.

2016TGR_1_of_1_grande.jpg

We're the original reinforcement on the market, we've been making them since 2010, lots have tried to imitate or copy over the years but our 1-piece panels are never quite matched in design or quality. Our tail gate reinforcement plates are CNC cut and then precision formed on a CNC press brake for a tight factory-like fit with just a little room where necessary. The end result is a more solid feeling and slightly heavier tail gate that is much stronger, and leaves the user with little worry of bending it under the most common loads. Don't fall for the completely flat or ribbed 2-piece plates from some of our competitors. The one piece design with multiple formed edges add far more rigidity and strength to the part while still offering a handy work surface!

AVAILABLE HERE

2016TGR_3_of_1_grande.jpg

Install:
Easily mounts with factory screws, though we do recommend purchasing 8x) PN 90166-60003 screws for a more flush fit to replace the upper shouldered screws. Required install tools are only a torx bit for the screws holding the cover on.
Please note that these reinforcement plates are formed from sheet metal and therefore are not as thick as the factory molded plastic cap, tonneau covers and canopies may not seal the same as they did with the factory cap and adjustments are likely necessary to those seals

The best thing about these is that when you set a cup or can on the tailgate, it doesnt tip over. I love mines.

Back