• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Re-Purpose Wireless charging power

TheMrThumper

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Hello Tacoma family!

I do not use the wireless charged in my 2019 OFFROAD so I wanted to re-purpose the power from it.
Based on the diagrams http://www.ttguide.net/main_switch_signal_circuit-2137.html
The switch and the Charger are simultaneously getting power and the switch just sends an ON signal to the charger.

Theoretically to remove the power from this assembly entirely, I could trace where the power is breaking out to the charger and the switch and use that as my Hot and find somewhere to tie to ground. This way I would have accessory power available else where without a switch.

Looking forward to your input!
-Sean

I have no idea how to do what you are doing but I am very interested in where this topic goes. The wireless charging is dumb. Would love to see that put to better use.

Upvote 0
You have my full support. Would be cool to be able to move power to the backOf the center console.

Upvote 0
You have my full support. Would be cool to be able to move power to the backOf the center console.
I did that with the plug inside the console. It's much more useful after being relocated

Upvote 0
Back