Re-Purpose Wireless charging power

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

TheMrThumper

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Sean Groves
T3G Member
#3,784
Hello Tacoma family!

I do not use the wireless charged in my 2019 OFFROAD so I wanted to re-purpose the power from it.
Based on the diagrams http://www.ttguide.net/main_switch_signal_circuit-2137.html
The switch and the Charger are simultaneously getting power and the switch just sends an ON signal to the charger.

Theoretically to remove the power from this assembly entirely, I could trace where the power is breaking out to the charger and the switch and use that as my Hot and find somewhere to tie to ground. This way I would have accessory power available else where without a switch.

Looking forward to your input!
-Sean

Rev N

T3G Level: Platinum
Rig of the Month Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#1,323
I have no idea how to do what you are doing but I am very interested in where this topic goes. The wireless charging is dumb. Would love to see that put to better use.

Top Bottom