Purchased my Tacoma today!

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Jetspeed

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
#7,175
The waiting would drive me nuts, congratulations
I hear ya. First time I've ever had to wait. I've always driven away the same day I bought a vehicle. I'm good though. Gives me time to do more research and to collect some parts.

Jetspeed

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
#7,175
SRT Hellcat
"Just raw aggression and unapologetic straight line speed"

Love this!

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
100% a money pit. Especially when you decide you want to “upgrade” a mod that you’ve already done. It happens often.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

Jetspeed

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
#7,175
100% a money pit. Especially when you decide you want to “upgrade” a mod that you’ve already done. It happens often.
Yea, I'm sure this will happen. I'm trying to avoid this by doing a lot of research but I understand no matter what you do some things change after you spend some time with it.

nickyreno

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Nick
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#5,704
Talk to me Goose? What's up with the oil separator?

Your engine relieves pressure from the crankcase through a hose that connects the valve cover to the intake manifold. This is commonly refereed to as "blow-by". The ventilation of blow-by gases contaminates the intake air by allowing oil and gunk into the intake manifold. Over time, that gunk will build up inside the intake runners and valves and begin to hurt fuel economy, horsepower, and cause misfires. Left unchecked, this can lead to more serious issues like pre-ignition or pinging.

Adding a catch-can will prevent buildup inside your engine. Essentially the catch can will act as a collection system before they can reach the intake manifold. It's super easy to install and service. Took me maybe 10 minutes to install and 2 minutes to service. I recommend servicing it every oil change.

Here's what I collected from mine after only 4,000 miles:

1603042793378.png

Jetspeed

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
#7,175
Your engine relieves pressure from the crankcase through a hose that connects the valve cover to the intake manifold. This is commonly refereed to as "blow-by". The ventilation of blow-by gases contaminates the intake air by allowing oil and gunk into the intake manifold. Over time, that gunk will build up inside the intake runners and valves and begin to hurt fuel economy, horsepower, and cause misfires. Left unchecked, this can lead to more serious issues like pre-ignition or pinging.

Adding a catch-can will prevent buildup inside your engine. Essentially the catch can will act as a collection system before they can reach the intake manifold. It's super easy to install and service. Took me maybe 10 minutes to install and 2 minutes to service. I recommend servicing it every oil change.

Here's what I collected from mine after only 4,000 miles:

Excellent advise. I will plan on putting a separator on as soon as I get the truck. Do you have any links for a brand?

nickyreno

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Nick
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#5,704

Jetspeed

= IV • Gold
T3G Supporter
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
#7,175

nickyreno

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Nick
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#5,704
CBrob Negative. It does not have anything to do with exhaust gas recirculation. The 3.5L has variable valve timing so it does not need an egr.

Top Bottom