• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Collision and Radar issues

ssitaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello all, new here to the forum. Looked around for an answer to my question but didn't see anything. Is anyone having issues with the pre-collision randomly cutting on and off and telling you to clean the sensor? This happens to me every other day on my commute. I have cleaned the sensor multiple times and the warning still pops up.
Thanks.

Are you stock? You ought take it to the dealer as it sounds like you've tried what makes sense.

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm stock. Just bought the truck in late September. Just working all of the time and don't want to drive a couple of hours to the dealership. Thought i'd check here first. Thanks though!

Upvote 0
Hello all, new here to the forum. Looked around for an answer to my question but didn't see anything. Is anyone having issues with the pre-collision randomly cutting on and off and telling you to clean the sensor? This happens to me every other day on my commute. I have cleaned the sensor multiple times and the warning still pops up.
Thanks.
Was it recently raining? Or you wash your truck alot

Upvote 0
Its been raining a lot recently, and I usually wash the truck about once a month.
There not fully water sealed it's a known issue with them , they haven't fixed as of yet and are currently just replacing under warranty, last I checked bad news you will have to make the trip to the dealer to get a new one , I wouldn't try anything eith it because they will try and find away out

Upvote 0
This has only happened to me when I’ve been in heavy snow. First time I took a look and there was a lot of snow and condensation in front of the sensor. Once cleaned it worked completely fine.

If there’s anything that is obstructing the sensor in anyway it will be disabled automatically so that it would give you any false stops.

However if it is something that happens consistently I’d agree with the above comment to get it checked out at the dealership.

Upvote 0
Was it recently raining? Or you wash your truck alot
Driving in snow and ice, it shuts down a lot. the front-grill emblem ices over quickly. knocks out cruise control. They should mount it where it doesn't get covered in ice. I notice on long trip in snowy conditions that the radiator ices over too.

Upvote 0
When I got my 2018 i would get the warning almost every time it rained. After the recall the warning came up only in heavy rain. It did give a warning the other day when I was driving home while it was snowing.

Upvote 0
Back