• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Power management question

Taco_primo

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
White
Ok, so just ordered @Pelfreybilt battery cage so that I can run a group 31 agm battery. I have a Goal Zero Yeti 400 lithium power bank and I am going to be buying a 100w solar panel from Goal Zero as well. So to stop rambling and get to my question!

I am going to be purchasing a ARB 63qt fridge and I am just trying to get some insight from other people that are running fridges, curious on how long I can possible be parked without running the truck.

Other question would be what would be the best way to run solar to my truck battery for recharging? Feel free to be brutally honest if this is a silly question :sneaky:

Charge controller, 2-100 watt panels, and fuse system.
Need to prevent overcharge which is why you need the charge controller, you will probably be fine with 1-100w panel for a single battery setup. And you want to put breaks in there in case of any over current so a fuse system would be optimal.

Fast route to “we overland now” haha

Upvote 0
I ran my ARB fridge on my single AGM for about 5 days on medium voltage protection and it started without any problems. The fridge temp rose to about 40 degrees but there was only beer in it so no problemo

Upvote 0
Back