• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Positive wheel camber after lift

christopher.campbell

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I put in 5100 on my 2017 Tacoma DCSB and then took it to get aligned and noticed a positive wheel camber. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Are you running stock UCAs or did you upgrade them with the lift?

Did you notice the positive camber on your alignment sheet or visually on the truck? Depending on how much it is, they should have been able to dial that down to almost nothing. But if already is almost nothing, you will be fine. If you do have an adjustable UCA you’d be able to tweak it further if you really need to.

Are you running stock UCAs or did you upgrade them with the lift?

Did you notice the positive camber on your alignment sheet or visually on the truck? Depending on how much it is, they should have been able to dial that down to almost nothing. But if already is almost nothing, you will be fine. If you do have an adjustable UCA you’d be able to tweak it further if you really need to.

I am running stock UCA. I noticed the positive camber visibly. It’s enough i can tell it will wear the tires pretty bad if not corrected. I’m taking it in to the place I had the alignment done to see if they can correct it.

I am running stock UCA. I noticed the positive camber visibly. It’s enough i can tell it will wear the tires pretty bad if not corrected. I’m taking it in to the place I had the alignment done to see if they can correct it.
Yeah, that much wouldn’t be normal. They shouldn’t have sent you away like that, IMO. I know (depending on the lift) it can be a little tricky to get it dialed in perfectly, but it can be done.

If they say it’s the best they can do, maybe try somewhere else. If that doesn’t work either, an aftermarket UCA could help.

Another option is having a dealership do it. Toyota has the best info on how to align your truck as sometimes shops dont get that info as quickly, they should be able to correct the camber no problem. Also, as @Tyler mentioned, i would look into some aftermarket UCA's. Not just for an alignment sense, but an offroad one as well. They will allow for better travel and reduce the risk of binding in the shock.

Another option is having a dealership do it. Toyota has the best info on how to align your truck as sometimes shops dont get that info as quickly, they should be able to correct the camber no problem. Also, as @Tyler mentioned, i would look into some aftermarket UCA's. Not just for an alignment sense, but an offroad one as well. They will allow for better travel and reduce the risk of binding in the shock.

Thanks, I have the firestone alignment for the life time of the car so I’m going to try there first and if they are unable i’ll try toyota.

Makes you ask why they didn’t do it correctly the first time.

Back