• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Please help..

Fichard_raaborg

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
New here, I recently added the bilstein 5100 lift front and rear, OME888 coils, and icon add a leaf. everything was fine until I was on my way to get an alignment. I now have the check VSC and pre collision malfunction message on my info center, cruise control is unavailable also. I have dug through forums, watched YouTube videos, and called ORW and 4wheel parts to see if anyone can help but I haven’t found the ability to fix it. All in all I have a appointment at the dealer Friday but if I can avoid that cost I would like to. This is a popular lift and I refuse to believe that this isn’t fixable or common and maybe someone out there can help. Please any info is appreciated and I apologize if there’s already a thread on here about it.

Sounds like something got all buggered up. did you pick the abs wire on the install or stress it maybe?

Upvote 0
The VSC works together with ABS. Any interfere with an ABS sensors would trigger a check VSC system light. Therefore I would look to the ABS wiring and sensors for damage or unplugged as the work performed was in that very area both front and rear.

Did you get the alignment done? I know on a number of vehicles if the steering wheel is not set properly after install it triggers codes until aligned.

Upvote 0
Yes the alignment was done already, I checked all the ABS wires and sensors for any sign of damage or the plugs being lose and didn’t see anything odd. I was definitely really careful with them during the install. I’ll see if I can find a friend with a code reader to see if we can reset it

Upvote 0
For sure ABS related.

Did you unplug the ABS wires during the front install? It's happened to me in the past where I thought I had enough slack, tugged on the slightly while moving everything around during the install, had no visible signs of damage, but killed one of the sensors/connectors anyway.

Upvote 0
For the life of me I can't figure out how suspension changes and an alignment would have any affect with your issues.

Upvote 0
For sure ABS related.

Did you unplug the ABS wires during the front install? It's happened to me in the past where I thought I had enough slack, tugged on the slightly while moving everything around during the install, had no visible signs of damage, but killed one of the sensors/connectors anyway.
No I didn’t unplug them. I guess it’s always possible one got accidentally tugged. I’ll go through them again but they all look fine

Upvote 0
I'm going through the same thing.

My truck was knocked out of alignment last week, and the PCS error code was on my dash mid alignment. The guy was just taking it out for the little test drive, and the error appears.

Upvote 0
Yeah they should be able to recalibrate it at the dealer and it will go away. Worked for myself and my buddy at least. The guy doing the alignment couldn’t do anything about it

Upvote 0
Got here late. For any of you guys with an '18+ up, either fresh after a lift or with an already installed lift, any time you get a VSC and Pre-Collision malfunction you should immediately look to recalibrate the TSS sensor. It's extremely common that they need recalibration immediately after a lift, or even months after the lift is installed without other issues.

Upvote 0
How does the truck know to throw an error code?
I lifted the truck a year ago, replaced the windshield 2 weeks ago, and it didn't go error until i went in for an alignment.
What sensors are involved in the collision prevention software?
Radar on the grill, camera at the windshield...
What else?
Any guess why it waited until the alignment to trigger?

Upvote 0
Back