HELP Please help..

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Fichard_raaborg

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#7,700
New here, I recently added the bilstein 5100 lift front and rear, OME888 coils, and icon add a leaf. everything was fine until I was on my way to get an alignment. I now have the check VSC and pre collision malfunction message on my info center, cruise control is unavailable also. I have dug through forums, watched YouTube videos, and called ORW and 4wheel parts to see if anyone can help but I haven’t found the ability to fix it. All in all I have a appointment at the dealer Friday but if I can avoid that cost I would like to. This is a popular lift and I refuse to believe that this isn’t fixable or common and maybe someone out there can help. Please any info is appreciated and I apologize if there’s already a thread on here about it.

Reavers.adv

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
T3G Member
#7,624
Sounds like something got all buggered up. did you pick the abs wire on the install or stress it maybe?

Aven2rus

✓ • Silver
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Color
Midnight Black
Truck Grade
SR
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#7,401
The VSC works together with ABS. Any interfere with an ABS sensors would trigger a check VSC system light. Therefore I would look to the ABS wiring and sensors for damage or unplugged as the work performed was in that very area both front and rear.

Did you get the alignment done? I know on a number of vehicles if the steering wheel is not set properly after install it triggers codes until aligned.

Fichard_raaborg

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#7,700
Yes the alignment was done already, I checked all the ABS wires and sensors for any sign of damage or the plugs being lose and didn’t see anything odd. I was definitely really careful with them during the install. I’ll see if I can find a friend with a code reader to see if we can reset it

Tttacodan

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Dan
T3G Member
#7,684
For sure ABS related.

Did you unplug the ABS wires during the front install? It's happened to me in the past where I thought I had enough slack, tugged on the slightly while moving everything around during the install, had no visible signs of damage, but killed one of the sensors/connectors anyway.

Tacosurf

✓ • Silver
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#5,519
For the life of me I can't figure out how suspension changes and an alignment would have any affect with your issues.

Fichard_raaborg

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#7,700
For sure ABS related.

Did you unplug the ABS wires during the front install? It's happened to me in the past where I thought I had enough slack, tugged on the slightly while moving everything around during the install, had no visible signs of damage, but killed one of the sensors/connectors anyway.
No I didn’t unplug them. I guess it’s always possible one got accidentally tugged. I’ll go through them again but they all look fine

Fichard_raaborg

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
T3G Member
#7,700
PROBLEM RESOLVED:

final post in case someone stumbles upon the same issue. Brought it to the dealer, they checked everything over and found no issues other than the TSS sensor behind the grille being out of calibration after the lift. Cost $148 to diagnose and recalibrate.

Top Bottom