• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

MTB Riders Thread!

Hopefully sooner than later I’ll be picking up a Vitus Sentier VR+
Super stoked to finally get a real bike.
Not real expensive, but it’s won hardtail of the year for like 3 years straight. So Vitus has to be doing something right.

Bought myself a new toy today!

Attachments

• 7C95DB7D-0DC7-465C-9FB0-0D74DB5783C3.jpeg
    7C95DB7D-0DC7-465C-9FB0-0D74DB5783C3.jpeg
    776.1 KB · Views: 134
Yee yee!

Attachments

• F4035583-9375-4BCF-9483-A1B8548C3C95.jpeg
    F4035583-9375-4BCF-9483-A1B8548C3C95.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 125
Looking for some storage ideas... I like to keep my helmet, gloves and shoes in the back of my access cab since no one is ever back there.

I usually just end up tossing them on the floor or trying to have them sit on the shelf. Sooner or later its a mess.

Anyone have any creative ways to hang gear? I have a J hook with a strong magnet that works to hold the helmet, but can't find anywhere to put it up back there. Have it on the seatbelt loop now but just dangles around and hits the door.

Finally hit some actual trails for the first time yesterday with a buddy of mine. Now I’m definitely hooked.
Going out in about 2 hours for some more riding.
29EC8F45-F684-4386-AAEE-09F0675BF9CA.jpeg

Finally hit some actual trails for the first time yesterday with a buddy of mine. Now I’m definitely hooked.
Going out in about 2 hours for some more riding.
29EC8F45-F684-4386-AAEE-09F0675BF9CA.jpeg

You hit a black diamond on your first real ride?! Fuck yeah

You hit a black diamond on your first real ride?! Fuck yeah

Hell yea. I went on a few double black diamonds yesterday.
I haven’t ridden a bike since 2007ish but raced bmx from 2002-2006ish so I’m really comfortable in a bike. It all came back to me almost immediately. I was jumping double gaps yesterday too.
It’s exhausting, but I’m hooked!

Ok need some ideas..

I have the KB Voodoo cross bars (the ones that sit on the factory tie downs. I am looking for something I can mount my bike to these bars. I would need a 15x110 thru axle combination. Any suggestions on roof racks that I could put on these? I have the short bed taco so I am thinking my measurement I can work with is 55" from end to end of the bed. I am between the Kuat Trio since I have seen this before mounted to some XRXS cross bars and the Malone Pilot rack that attaches to the tire.

Any suggestions of any roof racks that can fit on these bars and in the bed is much appreciated. The goal is to eventually create 2 levels of stuff for race season when I am loading the truck for races. Light items on top across the bars and heavy items on the bottom

This is my ride, out in Malibu State Park, before it all burned down. I have owned this bike since new and still absolutely love riding it. I also have a Kona Explosif hardtail
IMG_4307 (2).JPG
IMG_4503.JPG

IMG_20190412_191340.jpg
2019 yeti SB-100
Fox 34 step cast fork
Fox transfer dropper post
SRAM XX1 grupo
Enve 50mm stem
Enve DH bars
Enve M525 wheel set
Chris King hubs
Michelin tires
Fabric saddle
I have owned a Lot of bikes, This one by far is my favorite!!

Back