• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Molle Panel e-bike hands out build.

got redarc in australia on board in my build. gonna be running their 40a DCDC charge controller, fuse kit and tow pro elite.

gonna likely add a switch-pros 9100 in the canopy to run all the gear that includes the fridge, all the lights and whatever else.

i’ve got my fab guy doing a large breakmetal panel for the back to mount everything will mount up like this.

BDD60B5D-B9BD-4250-AE18-437C3C415BE3.jpeg

Damn!

since this is my catch all. light 220 sand to remove stain from veneer. it’s gonna need to fixing around the edges as the veneer is chipped in some places. but test stain color i’m happy with so far after just the single coat.

top is apply only, bottom is wiped off. i’m happy with color. once dry i bet a nice tongue oil wipe and it’ll be perfect
3D147C6F-F838-4DB4-ADBE-20AB165634D1.jpeg
6AEEDC0E-E478-4443-AA11-A80DF7A9B4C2.jpeg

Nice Build, how do you like the Alu-Cab tent & Awning? Looks like a solid quick setup, although definitely spendy.

Edit: my bad on asking the question twice, was trying to get my other post deleted.

Last edited:
started laying out the electrical panel back wall in the canopy camper. have a switch pro on the way to run the lights / devices. RedArc Battery Manager30 DC-DC charger to take solar, vehicle and shore power. all wiring will run through panel and route behind.

pass through box brings power to/from battery. shut off switch will act like the remote start for the switch pro.
EB1D7488-724C-4995-B8B5-A512A30809C8.jpeg

might have a blown steering rack. theres a clunk with turning the steering wheel, suspension cycling at its worst. jacked it up lastnight and everything looks good, but maybe the spherical bearings in the LCA are toast. Taking to the local dealer to get check out Wednesday.

might have a blown steering rack. theres a clunk with turning the steering wheel, suspension cycling at its worst. jacked it up lastnight and everything looks good, but maybe the spherical bearings in the LCA are toast. Taking to the local dealer to get check out Wednesday.

Update?

nothing yet. dealer can’t replicate problem. they’ve got another guy checking it out tomorrow. if nothing i got an appointment at jimaher garage next week.

skipped the full rebuild on the Foxes to get them back on the road asap. But did get my OCS module in and gott rid of the dash lights for airbags with the new seats. Have fabric on order to recover the rears to match.

14AA345B-28F8-4DB4-8AD0-90F630269762.JPG
Seats are awesome looking, if you may, how much??

getting closer with the panel and as expeditionportal has so widely told me i went way too fucking big on the inverter.

why stop being dumb now i say.

7EA66624-FB1C-4500-96E6-39CFC3C73BF7.jpeg
C6DD7688-36A0-43EC-9767-A70CF9D64256.jpeg
Expo portal doesn't know shit about overlanding. A 15 amp reciprocater takes about 1800 watts.
IMG_0658-1080.jpg

Back