• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Mental Health and the State of the World

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I want to bring up an important topic regarding mental health.

Mental Health and the State of the World
The world, and more specifically our country, is obviously in a state of gloom right now. Bringing this up in a message coming on a Tacoma website might seem odd at first, but I don't think it actually is.

If you are not aware, we have a no-judgement forum thread about mental health and it has been receiving some extra traffic lately; a double-edged sword in a way. We have a handful of members that have been directly affected by the pandemic, wildfires, and unusual work circumstances. The toll it's taking on our members' mental health is clearly significant.

I know the open discussion method of coping and/or venting is not for everyone, but I invite you to read through and consider sharing your situations in this thread. I think opening up within our little community can give some sense of comfort for some. We've even been sharing advice on how to potentially overcome or at least diminish some of these real-life issues as well.

Lastly, as someone with years of relentless mental health issues and plenty of failed and successful attempts at resolving them, I think I have a lot to offer if you'd like to have a personal discussion with me, or just vent and have someone listen. If that's something you're open to, you can either message me on the forum or contact me via email and I'll give you my phone number if you'd prefer to text/call.

I understand that our country is a bit chaotic right now and the last thing you might have time for is T3G. But, if you like to use T3G as a bit of a break from reality, there are some cool contest prizes up for grabs right now (with plenty more coming in the very near future); the 50k forum posts contest and Rig of the Month are still open for anyone to take the wins!

I want to bring up an important topic regarding mental health.

Mental Health and the State of the World
The world, and more specifically our country, is obviously in a state of gloom right now. Bringing this up in an email coming from a Tacoma website might seem odd at first, but I don't think it actually is.

If you are not aware, we have a no-judgement forum thread about mental health and it has been receiving some extra traffic lately; a double-edged sword in a way. We have a handful of members that have been directly affected by the pandemic, wildfires, and unusual work circumstances. The toll it's clearly taking on our members' mental health is clearly significant.

I know the open discussion method of coping and/or venting is not for everyone, but I invite you to read through and consider sharing your situations in this thread. I think opening up within our little community can give some sense of comfort for some. We've even been sharing advice on how to potentially overcome or at least diminish some of these real-life issues as well.

Lastly, as someone with years of relentless mental health issues and plenty of failed and successful attempts at resolving them, I think I have a lot to offer if you'd like to have a personal discussion with me, or just vent and have someone listen. If that's something you're open to, you can either message me on the forum or email me back and I'll give you my phone number if you'd prefer to text/call.

I understand that our country is a bit chaotic right now and the last thing you might have time for is T3G. But, if you like to use T3G as a bit of a break from reality, there are some cool contest prizes up for grabs right now (with plenty more coming in the very near future); the 50k forum posts contest and Rig of the Month are still open for anyone to take the wins!

This is very cool that the forum is open like this. Everyone has their own battles that you can’t see. Never feel ashamed to reach out to someone.

This is very cool that the forum is open like this. Everyone has their own battles that you can’t see. Never feel ashamed to reach out to someone.
I spent years keeping it to myself. When I recently stopped hiding it, I definitely felt some of the weight get a little lighter.

There is no point in not addressing the realities around us. Might as well use what you have to better the world around you. Solid post @Tyler 👍.

I spent years keeping it to myself. When I recently stopped hiding it, I definitely felt some of the weight get a little lighter.

That is good. Feels good to get that off your shoulders. Even if it’s brief it helps.

Lastly, as someone with years of relentless mental health issues and plenty of failed and successful attempts at resolving them, I think I have a lot to offer if you'd like to have a personal discussion with me, or just vent and have someone listen. If that's something you're open to, you can either message me on the forum or contact me via email and I'll give you my phone number if you'd prefer to text/call.

That's an exceptionally generous offer Tyler. You're a good man.

Heck yeah Tyler.
Your forum has been a great escape...
Ive been ocd with learning tacoma ins and outs lately.
This weekend my wife and I are leaving for a truck adventure.
No real plans yet, just gonna load up and head toward new Mexico.

I'm holding up better than my wife.
She's in the middle of a family dispute over religion and politics and after effects of child abuse.
She needs to unplug in a big way.
Escape the turmoil of life that is coming from every angle.
Ill post a trip report as we go on the adventure.

Heck yeah Tyler.
Your forum has been a great escape...
Ive been ocd with learning tacoma ins and outs lately.
This weekend my wife and I are leaving for a truck adventure.
No real plans yet, just gonna load up and head toward new Mexico.

I'm holding up better than my wife.
She's in the middle of a family dispute over religion and politics and after effects of child abuse.
She needs to unplug in a big way.
Escape the turmoil of life that is coming from every angle.
Ill post a trip report as we go on the adventure.
No plans are the best type of plans. I'm sure the trip will be good for your wife. Looking forward to the trip report.

Great Post. I know the other thread we have going I’ll read through it and post a reply if I feel I can help. As Tyler said, I’m always free to talk. Just hit me up. I may not have All the answers, but I can listen for sure. I just hope that everyone who is having problems or issues that think they can’t reach out, I’m sure there is someone on this forum that can help you out in one way or another. Stay safe out there folks!
Picture for attention! Lol
69948A7A-4E60-4FD1-8E43-9DA7AFFD491C.jpeg

Hey Tyler, its awesome that you post this. Especially because its suicide prevention month( 1-800-273-8255 ). Its a big thing that has affected probably almost all of us in here. Having someone you know do the deed makes you feel helpless and like you shouldve seen it coming and shouldve done something. Know what sometimes you dont always see it coming. Im a huge lurker in this forum. And its a dope ass forum. Props to you and props for everyone sticking together. If anyone every needs someone to talk to, Im here. Ive personally seen the benefit of talking to someone and it helps. Without continuing this on too much longer, feel free if you need to talk, vent, or even bullshit, im here. Ill post some contact info in my bio. Thanks to everyone for being the best forum out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back