• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lightbar Harness

AZ_CAVALRY

8️⃣ Paragon
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
Probably should've put this in the "ask a stupid question" thread, but here goes. I have a hidden bumper light bar, and had it hooked up with a push switch from Amazon. It wasn't flush, and my knee shattered it one day. Long story short, I bought a caliraised button that actually fits. My friend gave me a new harness (probably from Amazon), and I am wondering if I'm able to use this switch? I don't know anything about wiring, but can have someone at my work put it together. I just need to know how the wires match up. Anyone have any advice on what wires match up where? Please excuse my ignorance. Haha
20180626_183721.jpg

Where is the harness you were originally using? Did you get rid of it with the broken button?

Probably should've put this in the "ask a stupid question" thread, but here goes. I have a hidden bumper light bar, and had it hooked up with a push switch from Amazon. It wasn't flush, and my knee shattered it one day. Long story short, I bought a caliraised button that actually fits. My friend gave me a new harness (probably from Amazon), and I am wondering if I'm able to use this switch? I don't know anything about wiring, but can have someone at my work put it together. I just need to know how the wires match up. Anyone have any advice on what wires match up where? Please excuse my ignorance. Haha
20180626_183721.jpg

Take pic with entire harness in it and we can talk you through it. There is a relay on it correct. Should be easy to fix

Take pic with entire harness in it and we can talk you through it. There is a relay on it correct. Should be easy to fix
Here are the photos of the harness. Let me know if you need other shots.
IMGP7021.jpg
IMGP7019.jpg
IMGP7020.jpg

Where is the harness you were originally using? Did you get rid of it with the broken button?
I still have it hooked up to my light under the hood. I will disconnect it and send pictures. Maybe it would just be easier to wire it to that one?

03046A64-C4CB-4D2C-8EF3-2772E8617E50.jpeg

Looks like they ran 2 lightbars off the 4 wires.

Now as far as switch.

BBD94B42-DBBF-4B0D-9209-304E50E51D13.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes this!!! I was gonna post something this weekend when i got home about the diagram good work @951_yota

Ive actually never ran that harnest cause I used an auxilary fuse panel where only one ground, one hot, and one wire per lightbar goes into cab. So many wires using a complete harnest unless your running just one or two bars total. But three bars would be 9 wires.

Ive actually never ran that harnest cause I used an auxilary fuse panel where only one ground, one hot, and ine wire per lightbar goes into cab. So many wires using a conplete harnest unless your running just one or two bars total
i used these switches for my og set up but now im going super og and doing everything the right way off a switch pro

Back