• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Knocked out of alignment

CBrob

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Had someone run a shuttle for me on a raft trip (anyone remember Deliverence?)
They must have rallied the 3rd gen pretty hard.
The camber on one wheel is out visibly, the spc bolt has moved in it's slot.
Is there anything other than 150 ft lbs of torque that can help keep it in place?
Who knows what else is moved or bent.
The steering wheel points at 1:30 now.

I could tell the dude was shitting and getting.
I filled the tank beft I left the truck.
Average milage for his shuttle was 10.3 mpg.

Last edited:
See if you cam-tab's are bent on your LCA bolts. If they are then id recommend getting some cam-tab gussets from chaos or even better the LCA gussets from Marlin Crawler. The tacoma is known for going out of alignment when your "giving it the beans".

As for the SPC, loosen and adjust to your original location then retorque to spec. Not much more you can do there

I'm a little anxious about what I'm going to find when the truck is getting it's alignment.
It drove straight, but the amount that the steering wheel is now out of whack is concerning.
I hope it's not rack and pinion that is bent.

The cams all looked good.

@Tacomadad18

I saw your video about the adjustment under the dash.
What do you think was the actual cause of your case of misalignment?
Mine was just a pothole I think.

@Tacomadad18

I saw your video about the adjustment under the dash.
What do you think was the actual cause of your case of misalignment?
Mine was just a pothole I think.

I definitely slammed into a rock with the passenger front wheel at about 10-15mph. Enough to adjust me in the seat and I hit my head on the rear view mirror lol.

I'm a little anxious about what I'm going to find when the truck is getting it's alignment.
It drove straight, but the amount that the steering wheel is now out of whack is concerning.
I hope it's not rack and pinion that is bent.

The cams all looked good.

It's likely the cam tabs and at worse, if he jumped it the spindles are bent. Order the Marlin cam tab setup and measure your spindle arms.

Back