• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

Truck love! New @Baja Designs red rock lights... bright af and excellent coverage. Really damn stoked on these. Also, @hellppy painted my mirror caps satin black and they turned out so bad ass! Couldnt be happier and @ShankedT4R helped me get the freshly rebuilt suspension back on the truck. Damn thing rides amazing! Added delta joints to my icon billet ucas and even replaced the heims since the arms were off the truck. While I was in there, I took the opportunity to RIP out my tattered front inner fender liners, sectioned and flattened my pinch welds for more tire clearance, installed some durobumps and then finished it all off with some fresh inner fender liners. Got a few small things to do still but managed to get a bunch tackled this week.

20191128_180453.jpg
20191128_180518.jpg

Wow!! I like it.

One in the grille and ou could be Rudolph at this years Holiday parade.

Wow!! I like it.

One in the grille and ou could be Rudolph at this years Holiday parade.
Thanks dude! These new rock lights are WAY brighter than the old ones! I love them and the coverage is much better too.

As an aside, the flush mount S2 pros in the rear bumper...... I wired them to my reverse circuit and holy hell, backing up at night has more visibility than backing up during the day!

Thanks dude! These new rock lights are WAY brighter than the old ones! I love them and the coverage is much better too.

As an aside, the flush mount S2 pros in the rear bumper...... I wired them to my reverse circuit and holy hell, backing up at night has more visibility than backing up during the day!

Does it wash out the rearview camera?

Check out the new Demello LED cut out bumpers . I got the first one with Baja hoop.
kkkk.jpg
kkkkk.jpg

I just received my Demello bumper and researching instal tips. For the AC/oil cooler coil under the radiator it says to bend it. I also saw some bumpers have brackets to move it back. How was the fit with a winch etc.? I also have a BD S8, winch is an x20. Thanks for the help.

I just received my Demello bumper and researching instal tips. For the AC/oil cooler coil under the radiator it says to bend it. I also saw some bumpers have brackets to move it back. How was the fit with a winch etc.? I also have a BD S8, winch is an x20. Thanks for the help.

I'm actually kind of surprised that Demello bumper doesn't come with the bracket to move the line back. It's literally a 2-in bracket that just moves the whole line back slightly. It wouldn't be too hard to make one of your own, it's literally just a simple 2-in by 1-in bracket. Probably something you can easily find at home Depot. Or any hardware store.

Haven't posted in a while but I have been doing some work on the truck. Most notably, I added some Meso Vent Rings which turned out awesome. I have the rest of still have the remainder of his chrome delete pieces to add and plan to do so this weekend. In addition, I just got the Meso Shift Knob in black so I will be installing that over the weekend. I also had to replace my factory TRD pro grill because it was extremely shaky and rattling like crazy. Just did a Chinese knock off which I am pretty pleased with. Oh, and @Motorsport36 built be a new set of headlights in record time. Of course, stellar work as always! It was a bit of a 911 situation for me.... Doing some routine maintenance, I noticed that the mounting tabs for my other headlights were broken, and the headlight was barely hanging on, so, had to get some new headlight housings, with Jason provided, painted all of the internals satin black, smoked the orange side indicator lenses, re-sealed them and even delivered them to my house himself... Dude is just awesome and I could not be more appreciative for the extremely fast turn around. Last but not least, I installed a MORE Offroad Gas Tank skid plate, so now, I have full coverage under the truck.

Still anxiously awaiting the Magnusson Supercharger so as soon as they release the test units, I will be getting that on the truck right away, hopefully in time for Overland Expo West.

That's

Everyone got the vent rings recently. Such a nice subtle mod that should have come from the factory that way.

I'm really curious if any of the chargers will be out (either partially or full release) before Expo. I'm not optimistic.

Everyone got the vent rings recently. Such a nice subtle mod that should have come from the factory that way.

I'm really curious if any of the chargers will be out (either partially or full release) before Expo. I'm not optimistic.
I am hopeful. But it seems that they learned from their mistakes with the 4Runner supercharger and are making extra efforts to thoroughly test, tune, retest, etc.

So, my old Switchpro 8100 finally kicked the bucket. Tructh be told, I have had some issues for a while, but only because I was running outputs that just over powered the switch which was 100% on me. That said, I could not be more happy with Switchpro as a company. Between them and SDHQ, there is already a brand new, 9100 on its way to me which is honestly what I should be running instead of the 8100. Between 2 30" Baja Designs OnyX6 Plus light bars and the XL80's as well as the ARB Dual High Output Compressor, the circuitry in the 8100 was just over loaded.

But, Laura at Switchpro and Serena at SDHQ took care of me, no hassle, no fuss... Just got me a new unit which should be the end of my issues..... For the truck anyway ;)..

Next up is the Alpine Halo9 head unit and Archive Garage Hammer Hangers.

Oh, I also picked up a knock off pro grill. My OEM pro grill had come down with a major case of AIDS and was all loose and rattly as fuck. Knock grill fits and looks great.... Truck no longer sounds like a tin can full of rocks.

Oh, I also picked up a knock off pro grill. My OEM pro grill had come down with a major case of AIDS and was all loose and rattly as fuck. Knock grill fits and looks great.... Truck no longer sounds like a tin can full of rocks.
LOL my rear leaf spring may have full blown AIDS as well! Maybe the Coronas? They have been squeaky as hell since November when I was up in some muddy snow. Maybe finally time to upgrade.

Also what's the difference between the switch-pro 8100 and 9100? I actually just put a big order into Etrailer and industrial metal supply for parts/steel and will actually be starting my trailer build soon. I wanna use another switch pro for the electricals because it's so simple, reliable and bluetooth!

So, my old Switchpro 8100 finally kicked the bucket. Tructh be told, I have had some issues for a while, but only because I was running outputs that just over powered the switch which was 100% on me. That said, I could not be more happy with Switchpro as a company. Between them and SDHQ, there is already a brand new, 9100 on its way to me which is honestly what I should be running instead of the 8100. Between 2 30" Baja Designs OnyX6 Plus light bars and the XL80's as well as the ARB Dual High Output Compressor, the circuitry in the 8100 was just over loaded.

But, Laura at Switchpro and Serena at SDHQ took care of me, no hassle, no fuss... Just got me a new unit which should be the end of my issues..... For the truck anyway ;)..

Next up is the Alpine Halo9 head unit and Archive Garage Hammer Hangers.

Interested in hearing your thoughts regarding the Hammers. I’m seriously considering doing it.

Lol, does that happen with the grilles on these trucks? I think mine has a couple of clips broken but it still stays put.

Lol, does that happen with the grilles on these trucks? I think mine has a couple of clips broken but it still stays put.
From what I have seen, yes. Over time, they get real loose and start rattling around. Mine didn't have any broken clips either.

Also what's the difference between the switch-pro 8100 and 9100? I actually just put a big order into Etrailer and industrial metal supply for parts/steel and will actually be starting my trailer build soon. I wanna use another switch pro for the electricals because it's so simple, reliable and bluetooth!
9100 is capable of supporting more powerful outputs. Where the 8100 hundred only has 1 35 amp circuit, the 9100 has 4. There are a bunch of other improvements over the 8100. Pretty rad that they are upgrading me under warranty when I am pretty far outside of the warranty period.

Dude, stoked to see what you build.

LOL my rear leaf spring may have full blown AIDS as well! Maybe the Coronas? They have been squeaky as hell since November when I was up in some muddy snow. Maybe finally time to upgrade.

If you want, we can pull the whole pack out of the truck, separate, clean and lube all of the leafs which should do the trick. Did it to Sean's and my truck a while back and both have been quiet since.

If you want, we can pull the whole pack out of the truck, separate, clean and lube all of the leafs which should do the trick. Did it to Sean's and my truck a while back and both have been quiet since.
Thanks for the offer but I think I'm just going to replace the pack. I still have the OEM springs with the shitty single deaver AAL. It actually rode ok so I left it for along time. I think the super stiff non bending deaver aal and oem saggy leafs complimented each other lol

Looks great man. Such a unique area, great shot with cactus, pine trees and Sedona in the background. Pretty much sums up AZ

Sooooo a birdie told me that KTJO whatever the fuck was perma banned from TW and all related forums????? lol, was only a matter of time. And i find this to be absolutely HILARIOUS.

Sooooo a birdie told me that KTJO whatever the fuck was perma banned from TW and all related forums????? lol, was only a matter of time. And i find this to be absolutely HILARIOUS.

It’s true. Guess she was running the mouth off at the mods

Back