• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JBA or SPC UCAs

Thred0ne

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
What do you guys recommend? Any major pros or cons with either UCA. I'm looking for longevity, durability and of course adjustability.

I have SPC UCA's installed in mine, they are fully adjustable with a heavy duty ball joint. They're tubular, well made and less expensive than other alternatives. They did come free with the OME BP-51 2.5" lift kit I purchased and installed. I can comfortably recommend SPC!

i actually bought a set of mevotech from rock auto when i lifted my 2015 Xterra a few years back and it seems like they use SPC ball joints from what i remember. they look identical to SPC UCAs. i think you might save a bit of $$ depending on how much you can find SPCs for

i actually bought a set of mevotech from rock auto when i lifted my 2015 Xterra a few years back and it seems like they use SPC ball joints from what i remember. they look identical to SPC UCAs. i think you might save a bit of $$ depending on how much you can find SPCs for
Thanks, I'll look into that. Have they held up well on the xterra?

Haha I had a wrx and a supercharged frontier, traded those for and sti and xterra.

I've been looking into both of those UCAs as well. Finding a shop that is experienced doing alignments with them installed is another thing. Once I find a shop who is comfortable and competent doing high caster alignments I'm buying a set.

Yeah I’m running 33x12.5r18 but changing wheels soon to 17”

So SPC over Icon delta joint?
I wouldn’t say one over the other. It depends on your use and application.

SPC is by far the best bang for your buck and will do everything you ask, but if you seek max performance and strength but don’t want a traditional uniball that requires a lot of maintenance, then delta joint wins.

I have JBA and have a great warranty.

SPC are good too but I've seen many posts about alignment techs not understanding how to adjust them.

I'd advise confirming your shop is aware how to adjust.

So I went to my shop and I’m going to end up doing add fox 2.5 Coilovers. And going with billet icon uca with delta joint

I have SPC UCA's installed in mine, they are fully adjustable with a heavy duty ball joint. They're tubular, well made and less expensive than other alternatives. They did come free with the OME BP-51 2.5" lift kit I purchased and installed. I can comfortably recommend SPC!

Where did you buy your OME’s from? How do you like them so far?

In installed JBAs with the OME BP-51s. Had Les Schwab do the alignment and it turned out great. Good build quality and warranty. Just make sure you have a grease gun to lube everything up. Have fun with the pinch weld on the passenger side. I used a grinder to cut one side of the bolt flange off, made it substantially easier getting everything back together.

I've been running JBA's for almost 2 years now and I like that they have a ball joint that is easily replaceable if needed. They have been great and never had any issues with them. Alignment numbers came out great too. Very happy with them and the customer service is top notch.

I've been running JBA's for almost 2 years now and I like that they have a ball joint that is easily replaceable if needed. They have been great and never had any issues with them. Alignment numbers came out great too. Very happy with them and the customer service is top notch.
What's your set up? I'm looking to get something to help the rear suspension stop bottoming...! The guy at the dealer told me: " you have an extra heavy duty leaf spring on the O.R." 🤣
It's a basic bilstein kit, work good but I want more feel at high speed and still be able to flex good in slow trail/rock stuff.

SPC all day long in our opinion. Strong and proven reliable over the last 20 years and the extra adjustability for caster and camber is a massive plus to fit a bigger tire.
We have them in stock and offer 10% off and free shipping.
Code SPC10 at checkout :)

SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms - 2005+ Tacoma
This. I’ve been looking for a good deal on a pair of SPCs and finally discovered this post. Just ordered. Appreciate the discount!

Hell ya! Will ship Monday. Thanks dude!
Those came in faster than my amazon prime packages, y'all are insanely awesome. I've since committed the install instructions to memory, now I'm just gonna sit and drool over them for the next few months until the rest of the new suspension components are built/shipped.

Those came in faster than my amazon prime packages, y'all are insanely awesome. I've since committed the install instructions to memory, now I'm just gonna sit and drool over them for the next few months until the rest of the new suspension components are built/shipped.
What else are you waiting on?

Spc.

Attachments

• 1A5AB462-1C2D-4DA9-9473-E716B02B6DCC.jpeg
    1A5AB462-1C2D-4DA9-9473-E716B02B6DCC.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 112
Back