SUSPENSION JBA or SPC UCAs

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Thred0ne

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Tommy Milton
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#4,653
What do you guys recommend? Any major pros or cons with either UCA. I'm looking for longevity, durability and of course adjustability.

SeaMac

T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,516
I have SPC UCA's installed in mine, they are fully adjustable with a heavy duty ball joint. They're tubular, well made and less expensive than other alternatives. They did come free with the OME BP-51 2.5" lift kit I purchased and installed. I can comfortably recommend SPC!

NEO Garage

T3G Vendor (Onyx)
First Name
Roman Tretiak
T3G Member
#4,389

Thred0ne

First Name
Tommy Milton
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#4,653

snakeyes

First Name
Chris
T3G Member
#6,452
i actually bought a set of mevotech from rock auto when i lifted my 2015 Xterra a few years back and it seems like they use SPC ball joints from what i remember. they look identical to SPC UCAs. i think you might save a bit of $$ depending on how much you can find SPCs for

Thred0ne

First Name
Tommy Milton
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#4,653
i actually bought a set of mevotech from rock auto when i lifted my 2015 Xterra a few years back and it seems like they use SPC ball joints from what i remember. they look identical to SPC UCAs. i think you might save a bit of $$ depending on how much you can find SPCs for
Thanks, I'll look into that. Have they held up well on the xterra?

Thred0ne

First Name
Tommy Milton
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#4,653
Haha I had a wrx and a supercharged frontier, traded those for and sti and xterra.

markiemcg

T3G Level: Silver
First Name
Mark
T3G Member
#4,543
I've been looking into both of those UCAs as well. Finding a shop that is experienced doing alignments with them installed is another thing. Once I find a shop who is comfortable and competent doing high caster alignments I'm buying a set.

NEO Garage

T3G Vendor (Onyx)
First Name
Roman Tretiak
T3G Member
#4,389
So SPC over Icon delta joint?
I wouldn’t say one over the other. It depends on your use and application.

SPC is by far the best bang for your buck and will do everything you ask, but if you seek max performance and strength but don’t want a traditional uniball that requires a lot of maintenance, then delta joint wins.

Top Bottom