• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

IS A SECONDARY BATTERY NECESSARY?

ragofabrication

ragofabrication.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.ragofabrication.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
If you have been driving for a few years, you’ve likely experienced a dead battery once or twice now. Vehicles didn’t always come equipped with automatic head lights. (I know what a shocker. 😱) My first car had manual lights, meaning they had to be turned off. Who knew leaving your head lights on for even a short period of time, could drain your vehicles battery so quickly? (Smh, should have known.) That right there can ruin anyone’s day, am I right? Luckily, today’s rigs are built to accommodate all our accessories we use while on our adventures. Whether those accessories include running a winch, fridge, lights, air compressors, and other battery powered devices, having a secondary battery can seriously be a life saver. Our vehicles electrical system can only handle so much when it comes to all the different upgrades and modifications we use on our vehicle. Let’s face it, we rely a lot on our battery. Not only to start our engine every time we’re itching to get out on the trails, but to also keep our fridge cold, keep our lights on, and so much more. The last thing we want to happen when we’re exploring off the grid, is a dead battery.

Continue Reading --> https://www.ragofabrication.com/blogs/blog/is-a-secondary-battery-necessary
AdobeStock_300368074.jpeg

Back