• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Icon stage 2 vs Fox 2.5 lift kits

Bigstevie

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Been looking into slapping some heels on ol’ girl soon. Been looking into Icon stage 2 and Fox 2.5. I’ll be doing light off-roading mostly mud and ditches. Also wondering what the big deal with reservoirs is. I have the TRD off-road with the Bilstiens which I think are awesome. If the quality of either matches the Bilstiens I’ll be happy. Someone educate me!

Been looking into slapping some heels on ol’ girl soon. Been looking into Icon stage 2 and Fox 2.5. I’ll be doing light off-roading mostly mud and ditches. Also wondering what the big deal with reservoirs is. I have the TRD off-road with the Bilstiens which I think are awesome. If the quality of either matches the Bilstiens I’ll be happy. Someone educate me!
Both manufacturers make good stuff. Where are you located? I only ask because Fox has a much larger dealer footprint.
I have Icon with resis on all 4 corners because it fit my needs the best. Resis allow the shock to work more efficiently and stay cooler longer. I don’t do anything hard core with my truck, but I am stationed in the middle of the desert and going down long stretches of desert roads for long periods of time will destroy normal shocks because of heat.
Icon’s will be stiffer at the bottom of the stroke and will loosen up as you go faster whereas Fox is the opposite.
Both make really good stuff that blow away the stock components. Installing either one will be a night and day difference when you get off the pavement.

@BlueFalconActual thanks for the lift kit lesson. So saw I want to do mor of a long travel Baja would you go with Icon or King

Back