• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How much do you owe on your Tacoma?

This is kind of how I see things but I know it’s an unpopular opinion.
Your most powerful wealth building tool is your income. When all your income has other people's names on it, you have no money muscle

A lot of people don’t like having payments but I hardly notice they’re there. Everything I have are automatic and it isn’t a paycheck to paycheck type of deal so it’s really not affecting much.

I don't think that paying it off was a bad decision.

It can go both ways though. If you get a really good APR (under 2%) then yes, it's most likely better to put that money somewhere where you can gain more on it.
However capital gains aren't guaranteed on investments. There is always the possibility the markets tank (as they did in March) and then you're probably more negative than you'd have been paying the loan interest.
This is kind of how I see things but I know it’s an unpopular opinion.
I only Slightly mess around with stocks. 401k Roth IRA all that Jazz. I think my futures are going to be properties and either flipping or rentals. But at the same time paying off the tacoma I checked My carvana offer and it was more than I paid New 2 years ago so the tacoma wasn’t a horrible investment lol.

2020 TRD Sport bought it august 28. Out the door it was about $43k with the extended warranty and i currently owe $19.6k as of yesterday

Oof! What was the sticker price?
It was $41,133, and I got it for $37,011 (9.98% under asking price). The dealer wouldn't give me what I wanted for my trade-in so I sold it to Carmax (probably could have gotten a little more private party but I really wanted to drive the truck home that day because I finally found the one I wanted after weeks of searching and haggling between dealers), but after TTL, I drove it home at $34,277 for their 1.9% financing for 60 months. The ONLY part I regret is finding out the next day that the 2021 ORDs come in army green, but whatever, my fiancee likes the cement!

It was $41,133, and I got it for $37,011 (9.98% under asking price). The dealer wouldn't give me what I wanted for my trade-in so I sold it to Carmax (probably could have gotten a little more private party but I really wanted to drive the truck home that day because I finally found the one I wanted after weeks of searching and haggling between dealers), but after TTL, I drove it home at $34,277 for their 1.9% financing for 60 months. The ONLY part I regret is finding out the next day that the 2021 ORDs come in army green, but whatever, my fiancee likes the cement!
You got a good price compared to the sticker and yeah, the green is awesome but the cement is a classic.

You got a good price compared to the sticker and yeah, the green is awesome but the cement is a classic.
Honestly, I could not beat that deal. I was hoping for 0.0% financing too, but considering how much I got off the price, I'm fine with it. I bought a 2010 Prius and drove it for the decade up until I got this Tacoma, so I'm happy with staying in the Toyota family.

I think my Cement is going to look sick af when the camper shell arrives (fingers crossed - this month) and the cab roof rack gets here. Victory already sent me the camper roof rack, but I don't have the camper yet!

$38,000 out the door. Straight cash homie. Don't owe a thing. Its beautiful

Attachments

• 20200726_094031.jpg
    20200726_094031.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 62
Honestly, I could not beat that deal. I was hoping for 0.0% financing too, but considering how much I got off the price, I'm fine with it. I bought a 2010 Prius and drove it for the decade up until I got this Tacoma, so I'm happy with staying in the Toyota family.

I think my Cement is going to look sick af when the camper shell arrives (fingers crossed - this month) and the cab roof rack gets here. Victory already sent me the camper roof rack, but I don't have the camper yet!
Cement does like sick af with mods, especially since most of the added stuff will be black. Having the roof rack without the shell must be rough!

Cement does like sick af with mods, especially since most of the added stuff will be black. Having the roof rack without the shell must be rough!
It's the worst. I even assembled it the other day and it just made me feel worse.

I've got a little less than $2k left and just going to pay it off next month! So close!

I have a 2020 TRD Off Road that I bought in Feb 2020 for about 38,000ish and I paid cash. I was lucky enough to have the money because I had spent $65 on a raffle for a 1969 Ford Bronco about six months before that and ended up winning. I sold the truck back to the people I won it from. It almost broke my heart but I have two young kids and the State of Arizona wanted me to pay about 25,000 just to register it. So, for my family and bank account I sold it and got a sweet Taco!

Original link: https://youtu.be/Z8sul4H-rN8

19 TACO OR premium pkg $40k lease $274/mo @ 36mo. 12k mi a year. $10k down (trade in) pocket $4k cash. residual value $25k by 2022 end of term. Prob just Refi $5k down @ $25k already in about $10k in mods 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m just curious. Post up your truck year, what the sticker price was, and how much you have left on it. You obviously don’t need to reply if you aren’t comfortable sharing.

2017 OR DCLB, bought new summer 2017 as a lease with intent to buy. Bought it around a year or so later. $38k sticker. $28.9k left on it.

I’m wasn’t in a rush to pay it off, however due to our choice to live out of it full-time, I may start throwing larger payments at it to pay it off early and truly have a minimal “cost of living” while on the road.
'18. Out the door was 33K and have 25K remaining

I'm a cheap ass. Bought as a salvage title.

2018 dcsb manual transmission off road.

List $27.5 after all the sale fees and taxes.
Still owe about $18k

This has nothing to do with this thread but @Paige's 2013 Jeep JKU that we bought new in 2013 ($34k, I think?) should be paid off early in a few months. It does feel good!

The truck was a special order 2022 DCSB V6 w/MT 4x4 Sport Super White w/options (Oh Yeah!)

MSRP+Tax+Dealer Fee+Tag Transfer= $46,024.16

I used the 1 payment system....... CASH
EDITED to keep it short.

Last edited:
I paid cash in June 2021. As I get closer to retirement, I don't want any payments.

Didn't have $32K laying around at 18 years old... It's like mid 4's that's the monthly payment but I pay $500 a month cause interest, yk.. Had it for about a year and a half now so I should owe around 22K maybe? About, Idk. Bad at math lol

As of three days ago, I owe $0.00 on my 2017 sport! 1. Big down payment. 2. Extra principal every month. Finished with 16 months to spare—took a shop vac and armor-all wipes to it today in celebration, now just waiting on the title to arrive from the credit union.

Back