• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How much do you owe on your Tacoma?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I’m just curious. Post up your truck year, what the sticker price was, and how much you have left on it. You obviously don’t need to reply if you aren’t comfortable sharing.

2017 OR DCLB, bought new summer 2017 as a lease with intent to buy. Bought it around a year or so later. $38k sticker. $28.9k left on it.

I’m wasn’t in a rush to pay it off, however due to our choice to live out of it full-time, I may start throwing larger payments at it to pay it off early and truly have a minimal “cost of living” while on the road.

Leased, about a year left then the real payments come, Did it for cheaper payments in the beggining, Not the smartest move, But its worked out so far.
Sticker was $39,985 and after all is said and done i should pay about 26k for the truck after the lease is over.

Dont ask me how my SR5 was 40k, I cant explain and i dont think anyone can.

Leased, about a year left then the real payments come, Did it for cheaper payments in the beggining, Not the smartest move, But its worked out so far.
Sticker was $39,985 and after all is said and done i should pay about 26k for the truck after the lease is over.

Dont ask me how my SR5 was 40k, I cant explain and i dont think anyone can.
I also started with a lease just to have lower payments at first, lol.

I also started with a lease just to have lower payments at first, lol.
IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!
Howd it go in the end? Dont really know what to expect

2019 OR DCSB, bought new in May of last year, sticker price $36K remaining $31500

I can't remember exactly what the sticker said, but I got my '18 TRD Pro for $43k + traded in my '15 Tundra. I took the first year making minimum payments, but I've been pushing payments hard since last year I wasn't able to get 0% on the Pros so, I have a little less than $12k left. I'm hoping to finish by the end of the year!

Leased my 2018 SR5. I think it was around $36k. I traded in my 2017 Camry and paid the 3 year lease in full upfront which was $13k or so. Been loving the no payments for the past two years. I don’t want to find out what the payments are going to be next year when I buy it out.

Leased my 2018 SR5. I think it was around $36k. I traded in my 2017 Camry and paid the 3 year lease in full upfront which was $13k or so. Been loving the no payments for the past two years. I don’t want to find out what the payments are going to be next year when I buy it out.
Not a bad move!

2016, bought Nov 2015. shits been paid off for a few years now. its nice to be out from under a vehicle payment.
I second that one man. I purchased mine back in March of 2019 for 35,600$ +tax/fees came out to right around 40k. Got a good rate for my poor credit at 1.9% and I put 30k down and financed 10k to help build credit before I bought my house. I cant wait to get rid of the payment, only a few months left to free up some cash flow for more upgrades haha.

I second that one man. I purchased mine back in March of 2019 for 35,600$ +tax/fees came out to right around 40k. Got a good rate for my poor credit at 1.9% and I put 30k down and financed 10k to help build credit before I bought my house. I cant wait to get rid of the payment, only a few months left to free up some cash flow for more upgrades haha.
That’s nice.

Reminds me of a family member that sold their late father’s house a few weeks ago. The buyer paid $400k in cash and used a loan on the remaining $125k. Wild.

I think I have 2 years left to pay. I dont remember the price out the door. I wanna say it was somewhere around 38-39k. I do remember thinking that if it was going to be much more, either the Diesel Colorado or a Lexus was going to start being an option. Good thing I have wanted one of these thing since I was in high school. I dont regret buying it and will probably drive it until it dies.

I think I have 2 years left to pay. I dont remember the price out the door. I wanna say it was somewhere around 38-39k. I do remember thinking that if it was going to be much more, either the Diesel Colorado or a Lexus was going to start being an option. Good thing I have wanted one of these thing since I was in high school. I dont regret buying it and will probably drive it until it dies.
I remember thinking I should check the Tacoma prices after I didn’t find the Jeep Wrangler I wanted. Of course the Tacoma would be cheaper than an expensive Jeep, right?

Nah, still $38k, lol.

Like 25k? Hell idk I don’t pay the bills- wife does that lol
Automatic payments through my banking app for me. I don’t even know I’m paying the truck off or any of my other bills.

I remember growing up and watching my parents mail their checks out for each individual bill like cavemen. Ah, I love being 28, lol.

AND THE CREDIT CARD STAMPING MACHINES AT THE STORE! Those were cool.

So this might be kinda long-winded... lol

I basically shopped online for the best price. Found a white 2019 DCSB TRDOR 4x4 across the state from me listed at a sale price of $33,941 on MSRP of $39,441. OTD price of $37,350 after TTL. Great deal.

Reached out to dealers closer to me to see if they could match the sale price. Dealer closest to me said yes for a similarly-optioned Cement TRDOR, but with the tech package instead of upgraded tires on the truck across the state. Awesome, I’m pumped.

I get an email back saying it’s still available and replied saying I was on my way. Grabbed the keys to my Focus to head to the dealership and they call saying it sold, but they have an MGM with no tech package but with predator steps. Still dig the color but cement was my first preference. Decided to go look at it anyway & ultimately decided to buy it.

So the price we agreed upon was $37,250 OTD because they beat the other dealer offer by $100. However, included in that is a cash discount of $1500, which I needed to finance. So basically I did 1.9% APR for 60mo and that brought OTD cost up to $38,489 after some hassling them on their doc feed & “protection package” bs.

TLDR:
Base price: roughly $34k
OTD: roughly $38.5k
Down payment: 5.5k
Current amount owed: $26,646.27

If I decide to take the full 60mos to pay it off, I’m right at $40k all in, which is basically MSRP.

Here’s the MSRP and sucker sticker:
22D035FB-E7F8-4ACE-B42D-B10299C24349.jpeg

and here’s the loan details:
BFF30970-5DFF-43D6-B52F-4180BC917357.jpeg

First payment as shown in the photo above was 8/9/19 so I've now made 12 payments.

Could I have gotten a better deal? Probably. I was at the dealership for probably 3-4 hours because it was the last day of the month & quarter so it was super busy. Didn't have much energy to negotiate further lol

With a 1.9% APR I'm not really in any rush to make extra payments. I'll likely get better than 1.9% return investing it.

Funniest part of the whole thing is that my first emails to the dealership were saying I was looking for a used 4x4 Tacoma for $30k OTD... funny how I ended up in an OR that was closer to $40k OTD. Buy once, cry once. Right? :LOL:

Last edited:
So this might be kinda long-winded... lol

I basically shopped online for the best price. Found a white 2019 DCSB TRDOR 4x4 across the state from me listed at a sale price of $33,941 on MSRP of $39,441. OTD price of $37,350 after TTL. Great deal.

Reached out to dealers closer to me to see if they could match the sale price. Dealer closest to me said yes for a similarly-optioned Cement TRDOR, but with the tech package instead of upgraded tires on the truck across the state. Awesome, I’m pumped.

I get an email back saying it’s still available and replied saying I was on my way. Grabbed the keys to my Focus to head to the dealership and they call saying it sold, but they have an MGM with no tech package but with predator steps. Still dig the color but cement was my first preference. Decided to go look at it anyway & ultimately decided to buy it.

So the price we agreed upon was $37,250 OTD because they beat the other dealer offer by $100. However, included in that is a cash discount of $1500, which I needed to finance. So basically I did 1.9% APR for 60mo and that brought OTD cost up to $38,489 after some hassling them on their doc feed & “protection package” bs.

TLDR:
Base price: roughly $34k
OTD: roughly $38.5k
Down payment: 5.5k
Current amount owed: $26,646.27

If I decide to take the full 60mos to pay it off, I’m right at $40k all in, which is basically MSRP.

Here’s the MSRP and sucker sticker:
22D035FB-E7F8-4ACE-B42D-B10299C24349.jpeg

and here’s the loan details:
BFF30970-5DFF-43D6-B52F-4180BC917357.jpeg

First payment as shown in the photo above was 8/9/19 so I've now made 12 payments.

Could I have gotten a better deal? Probably. I was at the dealership for probably 3-4 hours because it was the last day of the month & quarter so it was super busy. Didn't have much energy to negotiate further lol

With a 1.9% APR I'm not really in any rush to make extra payments. I'll likely get better than 1.9% return investing it.

Funniest part of the whole thing is that my first emails to the dealership were saying I was looking for a used 4x4 Tacoma for $30k OTD... funny how I ended up in an OR that was closer to $40k OTD. Buy once, cry once. Right? :LOL:
This is a hell of a post about your payments. Sounds good to me though.

This is a hell of a post about your payments. Sounds good to me though.
I feel like my generation isn't as secretive when talking about finances and stuff lol maybe it'll bite me in the ass one day who knows. But the info may be helpful for someone :geek:

I feel like my generation isn't as secretive when talking about finances and stuff lol maybe it'll bite me in the ass one day who knows. But the info may be helpful for someone :geek:
Yeah, I never understood why my parents' generation was always so weird about it. Hiding the price from people when out to eat, even. Wtf, who cares?

When I made this thread I wasn't sure if people would even want to share their stories because of it. Seems like no one here really cares.

I think the generation of our parents were more cautious of not wanting to say how much they spent to give an idea of how much money they were making? I don't know... my family still walks on eggs when it talks to finances and how much money we make between my sibling's family vs. me vs. parents. I don't really care and I've shared to my family my financial situation.

I've never really been shy about sharing how much my truck costs, because I think it's a good resource for others when purchasing theirs. It's a good place to ball park if you're getting a good deal or not relative to what others are getting.

Mon
Yeah, I never understood why my parents' generation was always so weird about it. Hiding the price from people when out to eat, even. Wtf, who cares?

When I made this thread I wasn't sure if people would even want to share their stories because of it. Seems like no one here really cares.

Money is a stupid thing to live for.

Back