• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hi-lift Mounts?

AZ_CAVALRY

8️⃣ Paragon
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
I recently purchased a hi-lift for the truck, and am looking at mounting options for the bed rails. I have a tri-fold tonneau cover, and the jack would need to hang low enough to be able to close that. I saw most people have the mounts from Relentless, but the bare metal ones show on backorder. Do you guys know of any other companies that make these for the bed rails? I'm just looking at my options for now.

I recently purchased a hi-lift for the truck, and am looking at mounting options for the bed rails. I have a tri-fold tonneau cover, and the jack would need to hang low enough to be able to close that. I saw most people have the mounts from Relentless, but the bare metal ones show on backorder. Do you guys know of any other companies that make these for the bed rails? I'm just looking at my options for now.

@taco_del_infierno check out http://firstworldproblemsfab.com/item/hi-lift-jack-mount

Those may just be what you’re looking for. As for the RCI set, I know for sure they work with the ORM tonneau cover.

I just ordered a set from relentless. hoping I can get it to fit under the factory bed cover. we will see shortly

https://www.relentlessfabrication.com

I don’t have a tonneau cover, but I have the Relentless Mounts. This is what I got going on, hope it helps.

9A56B09F-EE61-42D8-BFFD-7D257C617CA4.jpeg
09338976-8EEA-4BFF-9596-626AF10B4929.jpeg

I don’t have a tonneau cover, but I have the Relentless Mounts. This is what I got going on, hope it helps.

9A56B09F-EE61-42D8-BFFD-7D257C617CA4.jpeg
09338976-8EEA-4BFF-9596-626AF10B4929.jpeg

thanks. doesn't look like there is going to be a problem getting under the factory cover

I used to mount my hi-lift on my bed rail under my tonneau cover. But later discovered how difficult it is to get to it when you need it. I now mount it on the side of my roof rack to make it easier to get to when you need it. When it comes to recovery gear, first aid, and fire extinguishers, I keep them in places I can get to easy.

I used to mount my hi-lift on my bed rail under my tonneau cover. But later discovered how difficult it is to get to it when you need it. I now mount it on the side of my roof rack to make it easier to get to when you need it. When it comes to recovery gear, first aid, and fire extinguishers, I keep them in places I can get to easy.
Where do you keep your First Aid and Fire Extinguisher? Also, What Fire Extinguisher do you have?

Good point. I'm planning on getting a bed rack or roof rack soon, so in the mean time the bed rail is where it will have to stay.

I have the first world problems ones, I honestly haven't gotten around to buying the hardware to mount them. They look as reliable as the others.

Made from aluminum so no worries about rust, also dirt cheap if you order them with no hardware or powdercoat.

still carry the oem jack that came with the truck as well as the hi lift....or just one or the other?

With a 2” lift orm jack still lifts truck enough to remove tire. May be safer than hilift on pavement. Hilifts really are last resorts im looking into a airjack

safer is always better....so it is not recommended to use a hilift to change tire/flat/spare?

even with taco w sliders?

safer is always better....so it is not recommended to use a hilift to change tire/flat/spare?

even with taco w sliders?
If you have another mean? Like AAA roadside, a floor jack, airjack then no. But you can do it and they are good tools to have. I have a slider adapter and a full winching kit for mine thats always in my truck but unless i slice a tire on an off road uneven surfice im not using it. No reason too. Watch hi lift slider fails on youtube. Keep in mind that you can do it safely just not #1 recommended. Either way great tool to keep in truck and you should practice at home with it a few times. I think @Rob Daman has a video in his collection.

My mount is a little improvised. Since I have a revolverX2 tonneau that requires moving the rails I had to find new ways to mount. I bought these mounts off Amazon (http://a.co/73Wje6J), and made my own nuts to slide into the rails. I ground down some nuts meant for unistrut so that they'd fit into the rail slot, and screwed these brackets in.
I realized the lower arm wouldn't properly support the mount so I used some spare 2x4 to act as a spacer, and it has worked great!
IMG_20180612_181842.jpgIMG_20180612_181839.jpg

With a 2” lift orm jack still lifts truck enough to remove tire. May be safer than hilift on pavement. Hilifts really are last resorts im looking into a airjack
I think they are also sometimes purchased thinking you could use them on a stock truck. Not sure if everyone realizes they’d need steel bumpers and/or sliders first. Unless you wanna do the rear from the factory hitch I guess.

I think they are also sometimes purchased thinking you could use them on a stock truck. Not sure if everyone realizes they’d need steel bumpers and/or sliders first. Unless you wanna do the rear from the factory hitch I guess.

I bought a recovery package that came with a hook for the Hi-lift that grabs the wheel and lifts from the wheel. The expectation is that you lift the bad tire, then put in a jackstand ( I always carry two with me) and then remove the Hi-lift while you are working on the vehicle. It's much safer this way.

I bought a recovery package that came with a hook for the Hi-lift that grabs the wheel and lifts from the wheel. The expectation is that you lift the bad tire, then put in a jackstand ( I always carry two with me) and then remove the Hi-lift while you are working on the vehicle. It's much safer this way.
As long as you have a good grip on the hilift it won’t move. Add a base to it and you’re solid.

Back