LOADOUT Hi-lift Mounts?

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

AZ_CAVALRY

✓ • Diamond
Rig of the Month
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cavalry Blue
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I recently purchased a hi-lift for the truck, and am looking at mounting options for the bed rails. I have a tri-fold tonneau cover, and the jack would need to hang low enough to be able to close that. I saw most people have the mounts from Relentless, but the bare metal ones show on backorder. Do you guys know of any other companies that make these for the bed rails? I'm just looking at my options for now.

Silent_Taco4x4

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member

mcharfauros

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Color
Midnight Black
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
I recently purchased a hi-lift for the truck, and am looking at mounting options for the bed rails. I have a tri-fold tonneau cover, and the jack would need to hang low enough to be able to close that. I saw most people have the mounts from Relentless, but the bare metal ones show on backorder. Do you guys know of any other companies that make these for the bed rails? I'm just looking at my options for now.

AZ_CAVALRY check out http://firstworldproblemsfab.com/item/hi-lift-jack-mount

Those may just be what you’re looking for. As for the RCI set, I know for sure they work with the ORM tonneau cover.

mcharfauros

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Color
Midnight Black
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
I just ordered a set from relentless. hoping I can get it to fit under the factory bed cover. we will see shortly

https://www.relentlessfabrication.com

I don’t have a tonneau cover, but I have the Relentless Mounts. This is what I got going on, hope it helps.

9A56B09F-EE61-42D8-BFFD-7D257C617CA4.jpeg
09338976-8EEA-4BFF-9596-626AF10B4929.jpeg

solscooter

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I don’t have a tonneau cover, but I have the Relentless Mounts. This is what I got going on, hope it helps.

9A56B09F-EE61-42D8-BFFD-7D257C617CA4.jpeg
09338976-8EEA-4BFF-9596-626AF10B4929.jpeg

thanks. doesn't look like there is going to be a problem getting under the factory cover

SD_Taco

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Color
Inferno
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I used to mount my hi-lift on my bed rail under my tonneau cover. But later discovered how difficult it is to get to it when you need it. I now mount it on the side of my roof rack to make it easier to get to when you need it. When it comes to recovery gear, first aid, and fire extinguishers, I keep them in places I can get to easy.

Silent_Taco4x4

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I used to mount my hi-lift on my bed rail under my tonneau cover. But later discovered how difficult it is to get to it when you need it. I now mount it on the side of my roof rack to make it easier to get to when you need it. When it comes to recovery gear, first aid, and fire extinguishers, I keep them in places I can get to easy.
Where do you keep your First Aid and Fire Extinguisher? Also, What Fire Extinguisher do you have?

951_yota

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Whichever you get id recommend the bolts with hole in it for pad lock. I think mine are 4x4 innovations

AZ_CAVALRY

✓ • Diamond
Rig of the Month
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cavalry Blue
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Good point. I'm planning on getting a bed rack or roof rack soon, so in the mean time the bed rail is where it will have to stay.

SD_Taco

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Color
Inferno
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Where do you keep your First Aid and Fire Extinguisher? Also, What Fire Extinguisher do you have?

66C22ED5-BCF4-4849-92E9-D706380DC470.jpeg

6B478508-CBF8-48C1-ABD9-48CCE933364D.jpeg

Not sure the brand of fire extinguisher but I keep it in one of these boxes with tools and recovery gear. Pretty easy to get to.

gaterose

✓ • Gold
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I have the first world problems ones, I honestly haven't gotten around to buying the hardware to mount them. They look as reliable as the others.

Made from aluminum so no worries about rust, also dirt cheap if you order them with no hardware or powdercoat.

Jay

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Color
Army Green
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
i have the relentless mounts and they fit under the factory cover
thanks. doesn't look like there is going to be a problem getting under the factory cover

TacomaGhost

✓ • Silver
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
still carry the oem jack that came with the truck as well as the hi lift....or just one or the other?

951_yota

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
With a 2” lift orm jack still lifts truck enough to remove tire. May be safer than hilift on pavement. Hilifts really are last resorts im looking into a airjack

TacomaGhost

✓ • Silver
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
With a 2” lift orm jack still lifts truck enough to remove tire. May be safer than hilift on pavement. Hilifts really are last resorts im looking into a airjack

safer is always better....so it is not recommended to use a hilift to change tire/flat/spare?

even with taco w sliders?

951_yota

✓ • Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
safer is always better....so it is not recommended to use a hilift to change tire/flat/spare?

even with taco w sliders?
If you have another mean? Like AAA roadside, a floor jack, airjack then no. But you can do it and they are good tools to have. I have a slider adapter and a full winching kit for mine thats always in my truck but unless i slice a tire on an off road uneven surfice im not using it. No reason too. Watch hi lift slider fails on youtube. Keep in mind that you can do it safely just not #1 recommended. Either way great tool to keep in truck and you should practice at home with it a few times. I think Rob Daman has a video in his collection.

Jay

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Color
Army Green
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Sliders with a hilift can’t wait to pick mine up in two weeks.

i8boots

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
My mount is a little improvised. Since I have a revolverX2 tonneau that requires moving the rails I had to find new ways to mount. I bought these mounts off Amazon (http://a.co/73Wje6J), and made my own nuts to slide into the rails. I ground down some nuts meant for unistrut so that they'd fit into the rail slot, and screwed these brackets in.
I realized the lower arm wouldn't properly support the mount so I used some spare 2x4 to act as a spacer, and it has worked great!
IMG_20180612_181842.jpgIMG_20180612_181839.jpg

Top Bottom