• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Genesis Dual Battery help

bigbluetaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi guys, i recently installed my genesis dual battery kit and put in the batteries...

Had a couple questions, and maybe some of the other people here who have installed this in the past can help...

the truck seems to be making noise coming from the batteries now, like something is loose, i tightened everything down super securely... is this normal?
one of the six grommets didnt seem the fit right into the hole i drilled for it, yet it wasnt loose and it screwed in correctly and tightened up nicely.

We run this kit in our truck.
What kind of noise? When you shake it does it move around a bit? A photo of the location of the final install would help as well (y)

Upvote 0
We run this kit in our truck.
What kind of noise? When you shake it does it move around a bit? A photo of the location of the final install would help as well (y)
i think i figured it out, 3/6 nutserts hadnt fully set correctly, so i went back and was able to torque down two of them, theres still on that squeaks JUST a little bit, but im certain that with a little bit of patience i'll be able to secure that one too.

Upvote 0
Back