• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Fog light mod?

Overlandtaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Is it possible to make it where fog lights stay on while the headlights are on bright as well as low beam?

Is it possible to make it where fog lights stay on while the headlights are on bright as well as low beam?
That's a good question! Used to be able to do it on the second gens I believe but I haven't seen anything about the 3rd gen get

Do we know why they don’t already do this? I know most vehicles don’t, right?

I interpreted his question in that he is wanting to keep the wiring factory and factory switch but have the lights on whenever he wants. With the second gens, you could replace a relay with a jumper wire and bypass the circuit that shut off the fog lights when the high beams were turned on, thus giving you the ability to run both the fogs and high beams at the same time. I'm sure the same can be done on a 3rd gen but have not seen anyone do it yet.

I interpreted his question in that he is wanting to keep the wiring factory and factory switch but have the lights on whenever he wants. With the second gens, you could replace a relay with a jumper wire and bypass the circuit that shut off the fog lights when the high beams were turned on, thus giving you the ability to run both the fogs and high beams at the same time. I'm sure the same can be done on a 3rd gen but have not seen anyone do it yet.
Yes you are right that is what I was asking guess I just need to be the first to try this to find out

Yes. You get the RIGID Fog light kit. Comes with mounts, and SAE lights are the both street legal and solid offroad lights. Then you wire it using the harness it comes with to an exterior switch. If you wire to your stock switch the lights will always turn off. Unless you go in and mess with the wiring. Which is probably going to be a larger mission than just using the harness.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/201...t-kit-sae-compliant-d-series-pair-465673.html

Back