OFF-ROAD LIGHTING Fog light mod?

• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Overlandtaco

✓ • Bronze
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
T3G Member
#1,080
Is it possible to make it where fog lights stay on while the headlights are on bright as well as low beam?

D

Deleted member 643

Unregistered or Deleted User
Is it possible to make it where fog lights stay on while the headlights are on bright as well as low beam?
That's a good question! Used to be able to do it on the second gens I believe but I haven't seen anything about the 3rd gen get

RetroworksLighting

retroworkslighting.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Will
T3G Member
If you get aftermarket fogs, you can simply wire them to a switch and control them independently when the headlights are on or off any setting.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Do we know why they don’t already do this? I know most vehicles don’t, right?

D

Deleted member 643

Unregistered or Deleted User
I interpreted his question in that he is wanting to keep the wiring factory and factory switch but have the lights on whenever he wants. With the second gens, you could replace a relay with a jumper wire and bypass the circuit that shut off the fog lights when the high beams were turned on, thus giving you the ability to run both the fogs and high beams at the same time. I'm sure the same can be done on a 3rd gen but have not seen anyone do it yet.

Overlandtaco

✓ • Bronze
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
T3G Member
#1,080
I interpreted his question in that he is wanting to keep the wiring factory and factory switch but have the lights on whenever he wants. With the second gens, you could replace a relay with a jumper wire and bypass the circuit that shut off the fog lights when the high beams were turned on, thus giving you the ability to run both the fogs and high beams at the same time. I'm sure the same can be done on a 3rd gen but have not seen anyone do it yet.
Yes you are right that is what I was asking guess I just need to be the first to try this to find out

TrdRigid

rigidindustries.com
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Yes. You get the RIGID Fog light kit. Comes with mounts, and SAE lights are the both street legal and solid offroad lights. Then you wire it using the harness it comes with to an exterior switch. If you wire to your stock switch the lights will always turn off. Unless you go in and mess with the wiring. Which is probably going to be a larger mission than just using the harness.

https://www.rigidindustries.com/201...t-kit-sae-compliant-d-series-pair-465673.html