• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dome light circuit

kwill

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
I recently wired the lights in my Victory 4X4 rock sliders. They are on a switch in the cab. However, I think it would be neat to wire them into the dome light circuit so that they come on when you open the door or unlock the truck. Where is the easiest place to tap into that circuit?
xtSJDTH.jpg

Easiest place would be to add-a-circuit and tap the fuse in the fuse box. I believe that fuse is located under the hood and labeled DOME. Otherwise, it would be in the fuse box near your left foot inside the cab.

My rock lights are tapped into the bed light circuit at the switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I have the plug and play kit from Yota mafia, it came with a plug that jumps in between the bed light switch and wiring harness. I also added a switch to override the bed lights so I have mostly independent control of the rock lights and bed lights.

My rock lights are tapped into the bed light circuit at the switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I have the plug and play kit from Yota mafia, it came with a plug that jumps in between the bed light switch and wiring harness. I also added a switch to override the bed lights so I have mostly independent control of the rock lights and bed lights.

you got pics of install?

you got pics of install?

I didn't take pictures of the install. This video shows their harness connector. It basically splits the hot line coming out of the bed light switch so it controls the bed lights and the rock lights. They put blade connectors on the hot line itself too so one can add a separate switch to the bed light power.

It doesn't appear that they sell that harness separately.

How do you add the switch for the bed lights you have a picture i trying to do the same thing

Back