Dome light circuit

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

kwill

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Member
#4,173
I recently wired the lights in my Victory 4X4 rock sliders. They are on a switch in the cab. However, I think it would be neat to wire them into the dome light circuit so that they come on when you open the door or unlock the truck. Where is the easiest place to tap into that circuit?

3cent.Taco

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Vincent
T3G Member
#2,889
Easiest place would be to add-a-circuit and tap the fuse in the fuse box. I believe that fuse is located under the hood and labeled DOME. Otherwise, it would be in the fuse box near your left foot inside the cab.

Sonoran_Tj

T3G Level: Bronze
Military
Army
T3G Member
#5,714
My rock lights are tapped into the bed light circuit at the switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I have the plug and play kit from Yota mafia, it came with a plug that jumps in between the bed light switch and wiring harness. I also added a switch to override the bed lights so I have mostly independent control of the rock lights and bed lights.

Ruben Z

First Name
Ruben
T3G Member
#5,569
My rock lights are tapped into the bed light circuit at the switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I have the plug and play kit from Yota mafia, it came with a plug that jumps in between the bed light switch and wiring harness. I also added a switch to override the bed lights so I have mostly independent control of the rock lights and bed lights.
you got pics of install?

Sonoran_Tj

Military
Army
T3G Member
#5,714
you got pics of install?
I didn't take pictures of the install. This video shows their harness connector. It basically splits the hot line coming out of the bed light switch so it controls the bed lights and the rock lights. They put blade connectors on the hot line itself too so one can add a separate switch to the bed light power.

Top Bottom