• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Delta Joint vs Uniball Upper Control Arms

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Is there a huge difference between going with a delta joint tubular upper control arm vs a uniball upper control arm, looking specifically at Icon's options they offer.

Is there a huge difference between going with a delta joint tubular upper control arm vs a uniball upper control arm, looking specifically at Icon's options they offer.
Get the delta joint , worth it
Differences
Delta / uniball
Superflexy / superflexy
SEALED / not sealed
Greasable zerk / (can only squirt lube at
The top)

Now the uniball is open to the environment there is a cap you can buy but its double sided taped on the tubular are which is annoying

Last edited:
Get the Delta Joint like ShikyoX said they’re better and most importantly they’re sealed keeps debris out.
9F558919-E6BA-41B2-B806-E73C955E9015.jpeg

I think a portion of this is determined by how meticulous you are about vehicle maintenance, and if you have ever dealt with heim/uniball/other spherical rod ends, or even bronze sleeves instead of needle bearings on ujoints. If you have, then you are familiar with the extra maintenance requirements and considerations they bring. I've had too many rigs with rod end everythings to be worried about the maintenance of them, and I think they take a beating a bit better than. A lot of it is opinion and finding the one that fits your vehicle use and maintenance.

Get the Delta Joint like ShikyoX said they’re better and most importantly they’re sealed keeps debris out.
9F558919-E6BA-41B2-B806-E73C955E9015.jpeg
Thanks for the advice, on another note, how do you like your KM3's/what size are you running? I'm looking at throwing those on mine.

Thanks for the advice, on another note, how do you like your KM3's/what size are you running? I'm looking at throwing those on mine.
They're great tires, great for what they're made for. Tires size 295/70/17 E Rated 10 Ply. You will definitely lose MPG and will feel loss of power other than that you will be satisfy and would love the aggressive look on them.

They're great tires, great for what they're made for. Tires size 295/70/17 E Rated 10 Ply. You will definitely lose MPG and will feel loss of power other than that you will be satisfy and would love the aggressive look on them.
Did you have to do any special cutting or add a spacer for the 295

Back