• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

Suspension Delta Joint vs Uniball Upper Control Arms

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,189
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Color
White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Instagram
@george_stav
Is there a huge difference between going with a delta joint tubular upper control arm vs a uniball upper control arm, looking specifically at Icon's options they offer.

ShikyoX

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Instagram
@shikyox
Is there a huge difference between going with a delta joint tubular upper control arm vs a uniball upper control arm, looking specifically at Icon's options they offer.
Get the delta joint , worth it
Differences
Delta / uniball
Superflexy / superflexy
SEALED / not sealed
Greasable zerk / (can only squirt lube at
The top)

Now the uniball is open to the environment there is a cap you can buy but its double sided taped on the tubular are which is annoying

Last edited:

Anthony29

4️⃣ Gold
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Get the Delta Joint like ShikyoX ShikyoX said they’re better and most importantly they’re sealed keeps debris out.
9F558919-E6BA-41B2-B806-E73C955E9015.jpeg

WarFabArmor

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
#2,711
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Color
Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
SR5
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Instagram
@W.a.r._fab
YouTube
/Warfab inc.
I think a portion of this is determined by how meticulous you are about vehicle maintenance, and if you have ever dealt with heim/uniball/other spherical rod ends, or even bronze sleeves instead of needle bearings on ujoints. If you have, then you are familiar with the extra maintenance requirements and considerations they bring. I've had too many rigs with rod end everythings to be worried about the maintenance of them, and I think they take a beating a bit better than. A lot of it is opinion and finding the one that fits your vehicle use and maintenance.

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,189
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Color
White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Instagram
@george_stav
Get the Delta Joint like ShikyoX ShikyoX said they’re better and most importantly they’re sealed keeps debris out.
9F558919-E6BA-41B2-B806-E73C955E9015.jpeg
Thanks for the advice, on another note, how do you like your KM3's/what size are you running? I'm looking at throwing those on mine.

Anthony29

4️⃣ Gold
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the advice, on another note, how do you like your KM3's/what size are you running? I'm looking at throwing those on mine.
They're great tires, great for what they're made for. Tires size 295/70/17 E Rated 10 Ply. You will definitely lose MPG and will feel loss of power other than that you will be satisfy and would love the aggressive look on them.

Gstavy1

2️⃣ Bronze
T3G Member
#2,189
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Color
White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
Instagram
@george_stav
They're great tires, great for what they're made for. Tires size 295/70/17 E Rated 10 Ply. You will definitely lose MPG and will feel loss of power other than that you will be satisfy and would love the aggressive look on them.
Did you have to do any special cutting or add a spacer for the 295