• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Creaking clutch fix...

Rob Daman

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Quicksand
For all you 6MT guys out there that is experiencing a noisy/creaking clutch, the fix is to yank the pin at the pedal and cover it in grease. They can't just get some spray in there. It must be removed and greased up.

Good info! I don't have a creaky pedal but that doesn't mean it won't start sometime down the road.

Do you have any pics of this pin you're referring to? Or at least it's location?

Upvote 0
It's a matter of when not if.

It's an issue since 2nd gen and since manuals are a minority Toyota won't really care.

No pic not it's basically the pin that holds the clutch pedal to the chassis.

They tried just spraying it with a straw but didn't work.

Good info! I don't have a creaky pedal but that doesn't mean it won't start sometime down the road.

Do you have any pics of this pin you're referring to? Or at least it's location?

Upvote 0
It's a matter of when not if.

It's an issue since 2nd gen and since manuals are a minority Toyota won't really care.

No pic not it's basically the pin that holds the clutch pedal to the chassis.

They tried just spraying it with a straw but didn't work.
I’ll get you a can of pro-lube, it’s the tits

Upvote 0
Back