• 3rd & 4th Generation Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016-2024 Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest.

• New Year, New Tacoma3G.com Website! 🤙

Guest, welcome to 203G! Wait, no—2023? No…. Tacoma3G 2.0! The website appears visually different as part of an ongoing redesign. Read more about it, here. Alternatively, you can switch back to any of the now-classic designs, here.

🚧 Please report website oil leaks, your suggestions, and preview upcoming changes, here.

Creaking clutch fix...

Rob Daman

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
For all you 6MT guys out there that is experiencing a noisy/creaking clutch, the fix is to yank the pin at the pedal and cover it in grease. They can't just get some spray in there. It must be removed and greased up.

0uTkAsT

9️⃣ Legend
Tacoma3G Supporter
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Good info! I don't have a creaky pedal but that doesn't mean it won't start sometime down the road.

Do you have any pics of this pin you're referring to? Or at least it's location?

Upvote 0

Rob Daman

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G O.G.
Local time
Reaction score
It's a matter of when not if.

It's an issue since 2nd gen and since manuals are a minority Toyota won't really care.

No pic not it's basically the pin that holds the clutch pedal to the chassis.

They tried just spraying it with a straw but didn't work.

Good info! I don't have a creaky pedal but that doesn't mean it won't start sometime down the road.

Do you have any pics of this pin you're referring to? Or at least it's location?

Upvote 0

Malcolm

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Local time
Reaction score
It's a matter of when not if.

It's an issue since 2nd gen and since manuals are a minority Toyota won't really care.

No pic not it's basically the pin that holds the clutch pedal to the chassis.

They tried just spraying it with a straw but didn't work.
I’ll get you a can of pro-lube, it’s the tits

Upvote 0