• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Convince me...

vacant.stare

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
After spending a week in Australia, I'm hot for a canopy back. Convince me to not buy one.

maxresdefault.jpg

I vote with the "Do it!" crowd. That's pretty tight.

As awesome as those canopy back setups appear in the videos I watch online, I'm not sure how practical it would be for my daily use. For camping and clearance during off-road driving I'm sure they have there advantages. I'm sure they could also be setup bomb proof, with the perfect layout, but I still need my truck for a daily. For that reason I wouldn't get one. They do look awesome though.

Can that canopy lift off ?and you will have a flat deck ?

Nice nice buy it , if I had the money I would

Nice nice buy it , if I had the money I would

thats the problem, i dont really, but can make it happen. Worst case I figure I could sell the entire back half of my truck, cap, front runner rack, cut bed, high clearance and swing out tire for $3500 and offset some of the giant hit of the canopy.

thats the problem, i dont really, but can make it happen. Worst case I figure I could sell the entire back half of my truck, cap, front runner rack, cut bed, high clearance and swing out tire for $3500 and offset some of the giant hit of the canopy.
If you where in Canada I'd probably buy all that off you haha

Back