• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Chase Racks?

TrojanMan60

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2016 SR5 DCSB Auto
White
Where can I find a good quality chase rack? I've been looking into getting a bed rack, but I'm worried about clearance for my four wheeler. I found some chase racks from armordillo, but can't seem to find them anywhere else. Is this the best route to take? Or am I just underestimating the clearance of a bed rack?

Where can I find a good quality chase rack? I've been looking into getting a bed rack, but I'm worried about clearance for my four wheeler. I found some chase racks from armordillo, but can't seem to find them anywhere else. Is this the best route to take? Or am I just underestimating the clearance of a bed rack?
What do you need to mount to it? I don’t think you could do a RTT on a chase rack. Would it just be for recovery gear?

You could do something like this:
Original link: https://youtu.be/rn8zewu2dCo

And add a roof rack. Then it would be kind of like a modular chase rack.

What do you need to mount to it? I don’t think you could do a RTT on a chase rack. Would it just be for recovery gear?

You could do something like this:
Original link: https://youtu.be/rn8zewu2dCo

And add a roof rack. Then it would be kind of like a modular chase rack.
I’m planning on putting my RTT on my cab. I just need to be able to throw a spare and some recovery gear on it.

I’m planning on putting my RTT on my cab. I just need to be able to throw a spare and some recovery gear on it.
Wouldn’t the fact that a chase rack typically goes above the roof a little bit, get in the way of the RTT?

Disregard my last. They don’t all go above the roof. Like the one you mentioned in the OP:

1581179385068.jpeg

Back