Racks - Chase Racks? | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma Forum - Tacoma3G.com

Racks Chase Racks?

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
  • 🚧Attention T3G members and vistors!🚧
    Our February "Rig of the Month" contest is now OPEN! Post a photo of your truck in the submission thread to enter the contest. Vote for your favorite truck by hitting the "like" button on the post. The first place winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card and a T3G patch and sticker. (You may dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the top right of this box.)

TrojanMan60

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Parker
T3G Member
#4,739
Where can I find a good quality chase rack? I've been looking into getting a bed rack, but I'm worried about clearance for my four wheeler. I found some chase racks from armordillo, but can't seem to find them anywhere else. Is this the best route to take? Or am I just underestimating the clearance of a bed rack?

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
Where can I find a good quality chase rack? I've been looking into getting a bed rack, but I'm worried about clearance for my four wheeler. I found some chase racks from armordillo, but can't seem to find them anywhere else. Is this the best route to take? Or am I just underestimating the clearance of a bed rack?
What do you need to mount to it? I don’t think you could do a RTT on a chase rack. Would it just be for recovery gear?

You could do something like this:
Original link: https://youtu.be/rn8zewu2dCo

And add a roof rack. Then it would be kind of like a modular chase rack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TrojanMan60

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Parker
T3G Member
#4,739
What do you need to mount to it? I don’t think you could do a RTT on a chase rack. Would it just be for recovery gear?

You could do something like this:
Original link: https://youtu.be/rn8zewu2dCo

And add a roof rack. Then it would be kind of like a modular chase rack.
I’m planning on putting my RTT on my cab. I just need to be able to throw a spare and some recovery gear on it.

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
I’m planning on putting my RTT on my cab. I just need to be able to throw a spare and some recovery gear on it.
Wouldn’t the fact that a chase rack typically goes above the roof a little bit, get in the way of the RTT?

Tyler

Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G Member
Disregard my last. They don’t all go above the roof. Like the one you mentioned in the OP:

1581179385068.jpeg