• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

CB Radio Thread

Jay

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.lcoverland.com
2021 Sport DCSB Auto
Army Green
Lets see those CB radios
I have a Uniden pro 505 paired to a 4' tunable firestik, utilizing the Caliraised antenna mount
fullsizeoutput_c7e.jpeg

How often do you see yourself using it on the highways?

I’ve read cab radio is only good for like 4-5 mile radius

How often do you see yourself using it on the highways?

I’ve read cab radio is only good for like 4-5 mile radius
I got it mainly for trails and emergency. Otay where we like to go has poor cell reception. And we can also talk truck to truck
How was the install? For the radio not the bracket.
Running the cable was the hardest only because I ordered a cable that is about 2 feet too short. And getting the coax through the firewall was hard. Other than that it wasn’t that bad. This weekend I’ll take some interior pics and under pics of my cable.

Need to get mine going! I like what you did, lemme know how the speaker turns out I think I’m gonna do something similar

I use the following two items:

Midland 75-822
EB0CD239-7CF4-4C75-AEB6-15C5F33BFA11.jpeg

It’s handheld, so you can use it outside your truck if needed. It has a 12v power adapter if you don’t want to use batteries, and an antenna cable adapter if you want better reception. I attach it to an external antenna that has a magnetic base.

16C61700-DA5D-4584-A040-9F2E2D4A7FEE.jpeg

The Wilson Lil Wil. It has very good range and it’s easy to put on the roof or take off when not needed.

I run the antenna cable through the back window. Works well!

Eh I decided my cobra walkie talkies are good enough for trails after reading cb reviews versus dollar amount.

You would be surprised how many miles they go for.

Eh I decided my cobra walkie talkies are good enough for trails after reading cb reviews versus dollar amount.

You would be surprised how many miles they go for.
I run mine mainly for the trail. Some areas we just don’t have the cell service so it’s nice to have when there are 10 or so in your group. Front can talk to rear and so on

I'm currently running a Cobra WXST with a 4' firestik antenna. I ran the coax cable behind the tail light and zip tied to the frame. Then I ran it up through the grommet underneath the driver seat up into my center console where the box for my CB is. So far no complaints!
IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5197.jpg
    IMG_5197.jpg
    604.7 KB · Views: 128
Back