• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bumpers.

Any updates on the front bumper with “stinger” I’m really itching to get a bumper ?
Sorry I played with it in cad and forgot to talk to you about it. Yeah I was able to do one that peaked at the grill trim height and then ran to kickers off it.
I'll admit, I think it looks out of place on the taco, but totally doable.

Sorry I played with it in cad and forgot to talk to you about it. Yeah I was able to do one that peaked at the grill trim height and then ran to kickers off it.
I'll admit, I think it looks out of place on the taco, but totally doable.

Bummer, any photos of that to see?

Here's a hoop.
Screenshot_20191224-140029.png

Really digging the hoop!!!!
Ive seen a lot of others do the hoop, you really can’t deny how good it looks.
As for the more stinger-like-hoop, idk, would be interesting to see how it works with the tacos squared body lines.

I’d like to be different lol. And not look ridiculous lol like this....

7003952B-7E84-4E7F-B187-F0EEFB6BFA49.png

I didn't know Edgar got your bumper! Can't wait to check it out in person. ?
He did. Be got it off someone else who sold their truck. He had a local shop add the hoop as that's what he was wanting. He seems to be digging the clearance on the trail

He did. Be got it off someone else who sold their truck. He had a local shop add the hoop as that's what he was wanting. He seems to be digging the clearance on the trail

It's a good fit for him. He wheels hard. Haha

I like the hoop, expect for the flat spot. How about this?

7726C4FD-8CA6-4E16-996D-F4E2FBD5489C.jpeg
Not sure how a stinger would look on the square lines of the Taco as someone mentioned, but this actually sounds like a good idea. You’d be the first/only guys producing a stinger bumper. And they honestly don’t look bad on the 1st gens that have them.

Great job WarFabArmor I wanted a winch bumper like that but I didn't want to do any cutting so I opt for the Warn Hidden Winch Bumper, no cutting just a small amount of trimming under the bumper which cannot be seen. Love the rear bumper but I don't want to loose any sensor detection.

Great job WarFabArmor I wanted a winch bumper like that but I didn't want to do any cutting so I opt for the Warn Hidden Winch Bumper, no cutting just a small amount of trimming under the bumper which cannot be seen. Love the rear bumper but I don't want to loose any sensor detection.
What sensors are you worried about loosing?

What sensors are you worried about loosing?
BSM and Parking sensors. If I didn't have them I wouldn't care but it came with the truck, so I would like to keep them. I really want to find a rear bumper that allows the sensors to work and looks good. I really like the Fantom HC but I don't want to cut. I plan on selling my '19 OR if Toyota puts out a Taco with a significant HP increase without adding net weight and selling will be easier if the truck is not cut on IMO.

BSM and Parking sensors. If I didn't have them I wouldn't care but it came with the truck, so I would like to keep them. I really want to find a rear bumper that allows the sensors to work and looks good. I really like the Fantom HC but I don't want to cut. I plan on selling my '19 OR if Toyota puts out a Taco with a significant HP increase without adding net weight and selling will be easier if the truck is not cut on IMO.
Wellllllll
1) BSM doesn’t work with any aftermarket bumpers.
2) Warfab has some solid products. My Warfab rear bumper should be coming any day and while it’s going to be an adjustment with no sensors, it’s not the end all be all. Sensors can always be reinstalled.
3) OV Tune is putting out a twin turbo kit for under 4K that puts out 400 hp to the wheels.

Wellllllll
2) Warfab has some solid products. My Warfab rear bumper should be coming any day and while it’s going to be an adjustment with no sensors, it’s not the end all be all. Sensors can always be reinstalled.
3) OV Tune is putting out a twin turbo kit for under 4K that puts out 400 hp to the wheels.
Yep just waiting for word from Eddie we are good (y)

Wellllllll
1. I know this, I have been researching for a couple of months now.
2. I agree, they have solid products. I have also read that people have had "No" success repositioning sensors.
3. Sounds great but everything from the twin turbo to the wheels needs to be upgraded. Nothing in the Taco's current drivetrain will handle "400HP to the wheels" Hell the axles can't even handle the 278hp it has now! when you get on it on the trails, they pop like popcorn.

1. I know this, I have been researching for a couple of months now.
2. I agree, they have solid products. I have also read that people have had "No" success repositioning sensors.
3. Sounds great but everything from the twin turbo to the wheels needs to be upgraded. Nothing in the Taco's current drivetrain will handle "400HP to the wheels" Hell the axles can't even handle the 278hp it has now! when you get on it on the trails, they pop like popcorn.
The motor is meant for boost. It's likely the exact setup going into the tundra as a factory option. Lexus has been boosting "this" motor without issue.

You can get the sensors to work. It's just a huuuuuge liability. We were working with Toyota locally, and it not crazy difficult, but legally it's a nightmare, so we don't even mess with it. Ultimately we are catered to heavy wheeling more than anything else so it was not worth the intense headache for the road compatibility.

Not sure how a stinger would look on the square lines of the Taco as someone mentioned, but this actually sounds like a good idea. You’d be the first/only guys producing a stinger bumper. And they honestly don’t look bad on the 1st gens that have them.

I’d rock the crap out of a true stinger bumper, just saying @WarFabArmor I’ve got the green if you got the time.

I’d rock the crap out of a true stinger bumper, just saying @WarFabArmor I’ve got the green if you got the time.
Let me look at it when I am back from Mexico.
I have a few parts to get done for a show truck next week. But redoing a front bumper for my truck too (trying to get even more clearance haha) so I may bend up some stingers and tack it up to see what you think. In cad they all look good because it's just tube. Actually on the truck is a little different so I think it's worth seeing.

I have a few parts to get done for a show truck next week. But redoing a front bumper for my truck too (trying to get even more clearance haha) so I may bend up some stingers and tack it up to see what you think. In cad they all look good because it's just tube. Actually on the truck is a little different so I think it's worth seeing.

I’ll be waiting! I’m curious to see but I don’t think it will look bad at all.

Hell yes! ?

@WarFabArmor Just out of curiosity have you guys considered a similar tube rear bumper Thats smaller and just a bumper replacement for those that aren’t willing to cut the side of the bed? May appeal to a broader market from a business standpoint! :)

@WarFabArmor Just out of curiosity have you guys considered a similar tube rear bumper Thats smaller and just a bumper replacement for those that aren’t willing to cut the side of the bed? May appeal to a broader market from a business standpoint! :)
We offered one originally but had zero interest after 6+ months

Back