• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bumpers.

That latch looks so lame! nice swing out bumper but the latch is like a zit on a models face.
Let me guess, you want something big and fancy and unneeded? The clamp works great because it serves it's purpose and is easy to source if something happens. Great for now needing to wait til business week to order parts through particular vendors.
But appreciate your feedback.

That latch looks so lame! nice swing out bumper but the latch is like a zit on a models face.
That latch is pretty much the standard for swing outs. It's beefy and works really well.

That latch is pretty much the standard for swing outs. It's beefy and works really well.
I'm not questioning the strength or durability of the latch. It is a design that does not allow it to rattle and secures it well.

Too me It looks like you built a nice strong bumper and went to the hardware store and Eeny, meeny, miny, moe; & bought a latch for it. Could've at the least painted it black without the read handle.
If you guys think it's a nice bumper and it would look nice on your truck buy it! I just "commented" that I think the latch looked lame, I really like the design of the bumper.

If a manufacturer or designer cannot take criticism they need to find another occupation!

I'm not questioning the strength or durability of the latch. It is a design that does not allow it to rattle and secures it well.

Too me It looks like you built a nice strong bumper and went to the hardware store and Eeny, meeny, miny, moe; & bought a latch for it. Could've at the least painted it black without the read handle.
If you guys think it's a nice bumper and it would look nice on your truck buy it! I just "commented" that I think the latch looked lame, I really like the design of the bumper.

If a manufacturer or designer cannot take criticism they need to find another occupation!
It's not a matter of taking criticism or not. If you like it, buy one. If you dont, move on. I explained why the latch was used and if you view anything we make, it's all very much function over form. I like handles like 4x innovations makes, or other hidden styles. Downside is if something happened you are stuck with a broken part until you order a replacement. Folks don't want to wait for that. Keeping it simple and effective is the name of our game. We aren't for everyone and we definitely know it. We aren't trying to appeal to everyone or satisfy all the little quirks that folks would change to make us like everyone else. Does that mean we turn away some folks like you? Sure. That's fine though, as we would rather stick to the path and direction we have, than be like everyone else.

That powder color and pod in the opening. Oh lawd.
IMG_20200223_154616342.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200223155001794_COVER.jpg
Never in a million years would I have thought this color scheme could look so dam good. I wish I was a little more ballsy with my colors. I’m part of the panda club. (White truck, black everything else haha) then I guess there’s the touch-up part. Quick and easy autozone trip for black bed-liner can. Battle scars get rusty lol.
A new swing out and sliders on a long bed installed today.
IMG_20200224_155749.jpg
Dam you for making awesome things. Will it hold a 37? I like that I might be able to drill a few holes in the bar for the backup sensors.. I know I know. But I like those things.. they’ve saved me from smashing into rocks a few times lol ?

Never in a million years would I have thought this color scheme could look so dam good. I wish I was a little more ballsy with my colors. I’m part of the panda club. (White truck, black everything else haha) then I guess there’s the touch-up part. Quick and easy autozone trip for black bed-liner can. Battle scars get rusty lol.

Dam you for making awesome things. Will it hold a 37? I like that I might be able to drill a few holes in the bar for the backup sensors.. I know I know. But I like those things.. they’ve saved me from smashing into rocks a few times lol ?
We build off an average 35" tire size/weight. Let us know if you want 37" fitment. We run our tube down through the box main of the swing arm vs just top welding like most are. It stays pretty stout for sure. The summit spindle set up is great too.

Also going to need a guinea pig 2nd or 3rd gen (or 2 - 1 of each) for some test fit and pics of two new rear bumper styles.
1- tomcat
we've done, but customer didn't want pics of his rig. It the inverted version of our current set up. Basically, lower bar is straight all the way around. The upper bar wraps around like the current, but dips down to meet the lower bar, following body line that 3rd gen has. We did this on a 2g, however, if I have my choice I'd like to get it on a 3g truck to show the body line match up.
Will be all open tube, 1.75 .120 USA HREW.
Will make a deal for whoever lets us test fit and do photos - $250

- warthog
The second bumper is a minimal option, but still high clearance. It's a single side tube, no upper tube. Has a plate filler below the tail lamp.
Also 1.75 .120 USA HREW. Also $250.

Both of these will be utilizing our new bumper brackets. Eliminates the coped tube spreaders, using the bracket to hold all tubes in place.
Also, as per much request, these ones integrate a bit more rigidity for the receiver, running braces and gussets to the brackets as well. Making everything tie into the new larger, and thicker frame plates.
Let me know if you are interested. You'll have to come to the shop in Motown to fit up and let us get pics.
Thanks guys

Also going to need a guinea pig 2nd or 3rd gen (or 2 - 1 of each) for some test fit and pics of two new rear bumper styles.
1- tomcat
we've done, but customer didn't want pics of his rig. It the inverted version of our current set up. Basically, lower bar is straight all the way around. The upper bar wraps around like the current, but dips down to meet the lower bar, following body line that 3rd gen has. We did this on a 2g, however, if I have my choice I'd like to get it on a 3g truck to show the body line match up.

- warthog
The second bumper is a minimal option, but still high clearance. It's a single side tube, no upper tube. Has a plate filler below the tail lamp.

Both of these will be utilizing our new bumper brackets. Eliminates the coped tube spreaders, using the bracket to hold all tubes in place.
Also, as per much request, these ones integrate a bit more rigidity for the receiver, running braces and gussets to the brackets as well. Making everything tie into the new larger, and thicker frame plates.
Let me know if you are interested. You'll have to come to the shop in Motown to fit up and let us get pics.
Thanks guys
Damn Daniel those are some hella hookups! lucky dog to whoever lives by you

Damn Daniel those are some hella hookups! lucky dog to whoever lives by you
Hrew is significantly cheaper material price, and I really need to drop these. We were supposed to release in Moab this week. However the cancellation of the event also means the folks who were supposed to demo these had to cancel. So it makes it a priority to get them on a rig and get pics. Hopefully the stupid low pricing helps do that.

1- tomcat

- warthog

Thanks guys
If you can't find anyone you can try posting a thread in the general Tacoma discussion forum for more visibility. I'm sure someone would like to jump on that.

Edit: Or maybe the West section.

Hrew is significantly cheaper material price, and I really need to drop these. We were supposed to release in Moab this week. However the cancellation of the event also means the folks who were supposed to demo these had to cancel. So it makes it a priority to get them on a rig and get pics. Hopefully the stupid low pricing helps do that.
I’d demo them... if we weren’t so freaking far away.
?

We updated the site since we cant do much else currently.
Some products have been modified with more options (hrew and dom options)
We also added the baseline for a few products that we are releasing soon/can build now.
Namely, the different rear bumper types, as well as the non-modular hybrid and full plate front. Both will use the same center section and offer same options as they osprey modular hybrid. However, one will be a full welded hybrid, and the other a full welded plate. Both of those requiring freight shipping being complete assemblies. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions please let me know.

Here's some shots of the warthog rear. This is the exact basis of the new tomcat coming out as well. The F4 will move to this mounting bracket and also be a solid rear tube.
IMG_20200425_180455.jpg
IMG_20200425_180524.jpg
IMG_20200425_180557.jpg
IMG_20200425_180608.jpg

I sold my big and bulky bumper last week, need the warthog style one you guys offer and I will be ordering one like next week. Anyway you can mock up an angled stinger that goes to the same height as front of hood? Don’t even need to weld it just hold it up lol. I just need to “see” it!

I’m the same guy who’s been being a pain in the butt about the stinger lol

I sold my big and bulky bumper last week, need the warthog style one you guys offer and I will be ordering one like next week. Anyway you can mock up an angled stinger that goes to the same height as front of hood? Don’t even need to weld it just hold it up lol. I just need to “see” it!

I’m the same guy who’s been being a pain in the butt about the stinger lol
Did Mike not post it yet? I will bother him about it. He took a pic or two right before we got shut down for covid. Let me look and see what he is doing.

Did Mike not post it yet? I will bother him about it. He took a pic or two right before we got shut down for covid. Let me look and see what he is doing.

I didn’t see one. I made a rendering on my phone (not professional at all lol) but that was where I saw it left off.

I appreciate it!

I didn’t see one. I made a rendering on my phone (not professional at all lol) but that was where I saw it left off.

I appreciate it!
So Mike didn't post since he's drowned in shop currently, and was trying to hold off a push for more orders. Add that to the site being down/acting up and he's crazy currently. Trying to swing by tomorrow myself to see if I can't get a pic to get up.

So Mike didn't post since he's drowned in shop currently, and was trying to hold off a push for more orders. Add that to the site being down/acting up and he's crazy currently. Trying to swing by tomorrow myself to see if I can't get a pic to get up.

Awesome, that would work out great. Cause I’m ready to order one ASAP!

Ordered the front bumper. Added a note to make the tube a stinger. You guys know your stuff, so surprise me lol. Just make it strong enough to push off of, cause I know it will do that.

Can’t wait for it 🤘🏻

Ordered the front bumper. Added a note to make the tube a stinger. You guys know your stuff, so surprise me lol. Just make it strong enough to push off of, cause I know it will do that.

Can’t wait for it 🤘🏻
Ok, I think I saw that come across. Mike said he or Brian would be reaching out to you to get a few specifics lined out. Thanks!

Ok, I think I saw that come across. Mike said he or Brian would be reaching out to you to get a few specifics lined out. Thanks!

Sweet! Also want to note, that I will be cutting fenders so, if you guys have to do anything special for that, go ahead.

Back