• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Building an “offroad” bed

That looks fitting, nice job.

Thanks man. It folds down but not nearly as useful as the normal one, since it sits higher than the deck of the bed. Still be able to sit on it/ cook on it and what not. Just have to attach the cables to it.

Thanks man. It folds down but not nearly as useful as the normal one, since it sits higher than the deck of the bed. Still be able to sit on it/ cook on it and what not. Just have to attach the cables to it.
Use chains, keep it old school lol.

What an interesting trip to the lake. This is the first real drive with the truck in public.

We had some interesting reactions

Gas station (on the way there) drunk- yaaaa mannnn sldjghskshfinfki! (Gibberish)

Walmart stop- old man with cane- stops and looks for over 5 mins, lol. That’s a real nice truck you got there

Everyone on road- breaking necks...... trying to get in front of me. Lol weird cause I drive at 70 (speed limit) but my speedo is off by 7 at that speed so really I’m going 77mph. 😐

Dudes in a big ass Chevy (2016+) had a lawncare company sticker on back. I’m sure they were all wearing affliction shirts and tapout flat bills- yells out the window “faggot!” Good times, my family was not in the truck lol

Another gas station stop while at the lake- old man-I assume drunk or something- literal gibberish that I could not understand, followed by a thumbs up and a two tooth smile!

Fellow tacoma owner stopped to talk for a bit while we were at the resort. Cool dude. Sold his for Tundra.

Younger guy in a BMW on the highway home, slows to get next to me then a big 🤘🏻from him and his kid, before speeding off lol

Good times. Yeah it was long to read but rather funny to me lol

I get a lot of those too. Haven’t had a negative one yet, though.

I bet I know what that dude’s Chevy looks like.

Oh everyone should lol.

lightbar
Fuels
5 gallon bucket for exhaust tip.

Ya know, every original thing a diesel douche does (not to be confused with every diesel owner)

Oh everyone should lol.

lightbar
Fuels
5 gallon bucket for exhaust tip.

Ya know, every original thing a diesel douche does (not to be confused with every diesel owner)
Mhm. Rubber band tires, 30” tall/15” wide, lol.

I stopped procrastinating and whipped up some mud flaps and mounted the reverse camera. I’m gonna put some metal over the top of the camera to reduce damage to it. It is recessed with the tailgate, that was the whole purpose of the tailgate. Keep everything tucked away. Safe from those trees!

Not done yet but you get the idea.

Made to be “quick release” so the bracket stays bolted to the truck and when I’m wheeling I can take the pin out of the flap and pull it off. Easy does it!

5EC17081-F67A-4637-99D4-12CB736AB7F3.jpeg
57E229E6-E655-4990-9916-8BDB631B3CF9.jpeg

I stopped procrastinating and whipped up some mud flaps and mounted the reverse camera. I’m gonna put some metal over the top of the camera to reduce damage to it. It is recessed with the tailgate, that was the whole purpose of the tailgate. Keep everything tucked away. Safe from those trees!

Made to be “quick release” so the bracket stays bolted to the truck and when I’m wheeling I can take the pin out of the flap and pull it off. Easy does it!

Nicely done 👍

Sweet setup. Love the quick discos.

Congrats man! I also recently hit 500.
My goal is 1k by the end of the year which I think is doable if I stay consistent lol

Oh for sure. My goal is just to not be a Youtube doucher that puts content out just to put out content. If it has no useful value then it’s not worth it to me. I do want to get to 1k this year as well but it’s not a huge deal to me yet. I enjoy recording, editing and watching my sons reaction when I do upload the video.

I made a mistake in the past trying to get views but the videos were so bad it was cringy lol

I just see wayyyy to many videos of “how to clean the lug nuts on your tacoma” type videos and it’s like....ugh stop.

Either I do offroad videos or not the normal diy videos (like the bed) or I just won’t do it.

Good luck to ya man, I’ve watching quite a few of your videos and enjoy the style you have when editing!

Just wanted to say thanks to anyone who is subbed to my channel on YouTube! Thanks again!

DE37F272-BBF1-4840-AB63-D1DE993869A6.png

Congrats dude!! Keep the good videos coming and you'll for surely keep moving up.

Congrats man! I also recently hit 500.
My goal is 1k by the end of the year which I think is doable if I stay consistent lol

All my subscribers are pretty much from one video. Haha. I did not expect it to take off but it did.

Oh for sure. My goal is just to not be a Youtube doucher that puts content out just to put out content. If it has no useful value then it’s not worth it to me. I do want to get to 1k this year as well but it’s not a huge deal to me yet. I enjoy recording, editing and watching my sons reaction when I do upload the video.

I made a mistake in the past trying to get views but the videos were so bad it was cringy lol

I just see wayyyy to many videos of “how to clean the lug nuts on your tacoma” type videos and it’s like....ugh stop.

Either I do offroad videos or not the normal diy videos (like the bed) or I just won’t do it.

Good luck to ya man, I’ve watching quite a few of your videos and enjoy the style you have when editing!
Yeah I'm the same way. My favorite videos to make are the "how to" style for stuff that doesn't have a good video already.
But mainly it's just enjoying content creation. I've made videos since I was a kid with RC cars/trucks (ChasinRC YouTube Channel, LOL) so it's awesome for me to get to do that now but with real vehicles
However, I find it hard not to get into that typical YT doucher style, especially when companies send me free stuff to make videos on lol

I want to make more off-road/adventure videos but it's tough since I mainly go out solo. Having to place a camera down then jog back to grab it kinda ruins the fun of off-roading haha

I want to make more off-road/adventure videos but it's tough since I mainly go out solo. Having to place a camera down then jog back to grab it kinda ruins the fun of off-roading haha

Adventure4wd does a great job of that. He's pretty much always solo and does a phenomenal job with solo filming.

Added a crossbar to the bed today. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, that’s why there is no center supports.

Wanted to put a light bar between it but the light would not be very useful lol.

E2300964-EC05-4A55-8FA9-EB142910727D.jpeg

8039B16A-E63E-42FA-AC1E-A14AEF0CDCB9.jpeg

Could add some ditch/chase lights to the corners or something. Did you think about doing a headache rack? Could look cool.

Could add some ditch/chase lights to the corners or something. Did you think about doing a headache rack? Could look cool.

Some kind of lights need to be added lol. Just don’t know where and what kind, style, size yet lol

I’m not a big fan of headache racks,unless it’s purpose made. This truck doesn’t really need one so that’s why I opted for a short one.

Who knows, maybe I’ll decided to make it a full headache rack lol

So 4wd247 just dropped a sweet video of their canopy on their pony express truck and I’m pretty sure that’s what I’m gonna do.

When I built the bed I wanted a covering to either use as a tent or just keep stuff dry. But totally cool nonetheless.

So 4wd247 just dropped a sweet video of their canopy on their pony express truck and I’m pretty sure that’s what I’m gonna do.

When I built the bed I wanted a covering to either use as a tent or just keep stuff dry. But totally cool nonetheless.
Added that video to my watch later list this morning lol
Now that I have a bed rack I want to make some type of cover that goes over the rack to keep water out when not driving around with gear 🤔

Any idea why they changed their name from 4wdAction? And where's Graham been lately? He broke his arm and kind of disappeared from the show. I dig Jocko, but Graham is pretty fun with Shauno as well. My wife and I love that YouTube channel.

Back