• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bright LED headlights low/high beam recommendations?

I've talked to some folks that have the Mirimoto Hi and Lo LED lights and they seem pretty happy with them.

I have Diode Dynamics for lows and they work just great for me! I left the highs alone.

I've got Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED in both high and low beam positions purchased from Headlight Revolution. I pondered going the HID route which honestly cost a bit more than I would ever spend on headlights. I then tried a few other LED bulbs which never really impressed me. After a long and highly educational conversation with Headlight Revolution I was sold on their recommendation. I can tell you the difference was immediate, unmistakable and a HUGE improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. The temperature rating or Kelvin is perfect, no blue light whatsoever with no eye tiring glare either. I did a comparison on my garage door with stock bulbs in the right and LED in the left, the cutoff was much more defined with the Morimito's. I then drove to my favorite high speed farm road to check for throw or distance and the LED's killed the stock bulbs, same with spread or light pattern width and again the LED's flat out killed the halogen bulbs. The next morning on my way to work an Audi S5 came along side and Audi's are well known for their lighting. We had very similar color, I could see imperfections in the asphalt on I-95 that I've never seen before and our throw was close my headlights seemed to fade out about 50' - 75' before the Audi's which is nothing to be ashamed of. Yeah, I would recommend Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED bulbs!!

I just installed the S-V.4 Led bulbs from Headlight Revolution in the low and hi beams. These things are badass. Even with the truck lifted, I have MUCH better lighting onto the road. I aimed them down just a tiny bit and the difference is awesome. I hate halogen bulbs anyway. Heres the link to them.
https://headlightrevolution.com/2016-2020-toyota-tacoma-s-v-4-led-h11/

Im running VLEDs in both. damn they are bright. expensive but bright

I've got Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED in both high and low beam positions purchased from Headlight Revolution. I pondered going the HID route which honestly cost a bit more than I would ever spend on headlights. I then tried a few other LED bulbs which never really impressed me. After a long and highly educational conversation with Headlight Revolution I was sold on their recommendation. I can tell you the difference was immediate, unmistakable and a HUGE improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. The temperature rating or Kelvin is perfect, no blue light whatsoever with no eye tiring glare either. I did a comparison on my garage door with stock bulbs in the right and LED in the left, the cutoff was much more defined with the Morimito's. I then drove to my favorite high speed farm road to check for throw or distance and the LED's killed the stock bulbs, same with spread or light pattern width and again the LED's flat out killed the halogen bulbs. The next morning on my way to work an Audi S5 came along side and Audi's are well known for their lighting. We had very similar color, I could see imperfections in the asphalt on I-95 that I've never seen before and our throw was close my headlights seemed to fade out about 50' - 75' before the Audi's which is nothing to be ashamed of. Yeah, I would recommend Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED bulbs!!
You have any pictures of your comparisons? I'd love to see the difference

I've got VLED's in my wife's F25 LCI and they are phenomenal. They absolutely shit on the OEM halogens.

Back