Bright LED headlights low/high beam recommendations?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

TacoMike11

T3G Level: Lurker
First Name
Mikey
T3G Member
#6,389
Bright LED headlights low/high beam recommendations?

3cent.Taco

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Vincent
T3G Member
#2,889
I have Diode Dynamics for lows and they work just great for me! I left the highs alone.

SeaMac

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G Member
#6,516
I've got Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED in both high and low beam positions purchased from Headlight Revolution. I pondered going the HID route which honestly cost a bit more than I would ever spend on headlights. I then tried a few other LED bulbs which never really impressed me. After a long and highly educational conversation with Headlight Revolution I was sold on their recommendation. I can tell you the difference was immediate, unmistakable and a HUGE improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. The temperature rating or Kelvin is perfect, no blue light whatsoever with no eye tiring glare either. I did a comparison on my garage door with stock bulbs in the right and LED in the left, the cutoff was much more defined with the Morimito's. I then drove to my favorite high speed farm road to check for throw or distance and the LED's killed the stock bulbs, same with spread or light pattern width and again the LED's flat out killed the halogen bulbs. The next morning on my way to work an Audi S5 came along side and Audi's are well known for their lighting. We had very similar color, I could see imperfections in the asphalt on I-95 that I've never seen before and our throw was close my headlights seemed to fade out about 50' - 75' before the Audi's which is nothing to be ashamed of. Yeah, I would recommend Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED bulbs!!

XxMagpulxX

T3G Level: Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Keith
T3G Member
#5,041
I just installed the S-V.4 Led bulbs from Headlight Revolution in the low and hi beams. These things are badass. Even with the truck lifted, I have MUCH better lighting onto the road. I aimed them down just a tiny bit and the difference is awesome. I hate halogen bulbs anyway. Heres the link to them.
https://headlightrevolution.com/2016-2020-toyota-tacoma-s-v-4-led-h11/

solscooter

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
First Name
Brian
T3G Member
Im running VLEDs in both. damn they are bright. expensive but bright

hawsa

T3G Level: Silver
T3G Supporter
First Name
Chris
T3G Member
#6,204
I've got Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED in both high and low beam positions purchased from Headlight Revolution. I pondered going the HID route which honestly cost a bit more than I would ever spend on headlights. I then tried a few other LED bulbs which never really impressed me. After a long and highly educational conversation with Headlight Revolution I was sold on their recommendation. I can tell you the difference was immediate, unmistakable and a HUGE improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. The temperature rating or Kelvin is perfect, no blue light whatsoever with no eye tiring glare either. I did a comparison on my garage door with stock bulbs in the right and LED in the left, the cutoff was much more defined with the Morimito's. I then drove to my favorite high speed farm road to check for throw or distance and the LED's killed the stock bulbs, same with spread or light pattern width and again the LED's flat out killed the halogen bulbs. The next morning on my way to work an Audi S5 came along side and Audi's are well known for their lighting. We had very similar color, I could see imperfections in the asphalt on I-95 that I've never seen before and our throw was close my headlights seemed to fade out about 50' - 75' before the Audi's which is nothing to be ashamed of. Yeah, I would recommend Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED bulbs!!
You have any pictures of your comparisons? I'd love to see the difference

Top Bottom