• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Bed lighting setups?

gene158

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
The auxiliary light in the third brake light is great for a little light in the bed but I would like to throw some more lighting in there to really illuminate the bed. This time of year, I’m often loading up my bike and gear in the early am when it’s still dark or unloading at night. I was thinking something like led strips under the bed rails perhaps. Most importantly though, I wanna wire it as cleanly as possibly, preferably wired into the already existing aux light switch if possible. Does anyone have any ideas, kits, tutorials, etc? Any help would be appreciated.

The auxiliary light in the third brake light is great for a little light in the bed but I would like to throw some more lighting in there to really illuminate the bed. This time of year, I’m often loading up my bike and gear in the early am when it’s still dark or unloading at night. I was thinking something like led strips under the bed rails perhaps. Most importantly though, I wanna wire it as cleanly as possibly, preferably wired into the already existing aux light switch if possible. Does anyone have any ideas, kits, tutorials, etc? Any help would be appreciated.
get which ever light youd like best wire to a 12v source then the switch wire it to you aux switch in your cab done easy peasy
Screenshot_20191029-102230_Chrome.jpg

I wired mine into a hood pin switch that turns them off when the tailgate is closed. Required some drilling.

I wired mine (KC Cyclones mounted underneath bed cage) into my cargo light switch, it illuminates whenever you press your keys, and you can just flip the oem switch in the cab to turn them on as well! You need to run a relay with them but other than that its a simple wire-up!

Back