OFF-ROAD LIGHTING Bed lighting setups?

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

gene158

T3G Level: Silver
First Name
Gene
T3G Member
#1,884
The auxiliary light in the third brake light is great for a little light in the bed but I would like to throw some more lighting in there to really illuminate the bed. This time of year, I’m often loading up my bike and gear in the early am when it’s still dark or unloading at night. I was thinking something like led strips under the bed rails perhaps. Most importantly though, I wanna wire it as cleanly as possibly, preferably wired into the already existing aux light switch if possible. Does anyone have any ideas, kits, tutorials, etc? Any help would be appreciated.

ShikyoX

T3G Level: Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor
T3G Member
The auxiliary light in the third brake light is great for a little light in the bed but I would like to throw some more lighting in there to really illuminate the bed. This time of year, I’m often loading up my bike and gear in the early am when it’s still dark or unloading at night. I was thinking something like led strips under the bed rails perhaps. Most importantly though, I wanna wire it as cleanly as possibly, preferably wired into the already existing aux light switch if possible. Does anyone have any ideas, kits, tutorials, etc? Any help would be appreciated.
get which ever light youd like best wire to a 12v source then the switch wire it to you aux switch in your cab done easy peasy
Screenshot_20191029-102230_Chrome.jpg

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
T3G Vendor (Onyx)
First Name
Daryl
T3G Member
#1,346
I wired mine into a hood pin switch that turns them off when the tailgate is closed. Required some drilling.

TRDOFHOLLAND

T3G Level: Platinum
First Name
Jeremy
T3G Member
I wired mine (KC Cyclones mounted underneath bed cage) into my cargo light switch, it illuminates whenever you press your keys, and you can just flip the oem switch in the cab to turn them on as well! You need to run a relay with them but other than that its a simple wire-up!

Top Bottom