• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Az bs thread.

20180717_154515.jpg

Anyone know a good and most importantly, responsible dog sitter? I'm going out of town and with my dogs glaucoma, she needs to get eye drops 3 times a day.

Anyone know a good and most importantly, responsible dog sitter? I'm going out of town and with my dogs glaucoma, she needs to get eye drops 3 times a day.
Yes we have a sitter we use and she's awesome. I'll get the number from my wife,, PM me.

Burned the midnight oil last night and finished up the last door. Truck sounds much better now.
20180717_203152.jpg

20180717_205219.jpg

20180717_212839.jpg

Rear speakers are worthless. Take those bitches out! it was a good night to be working last night though. I was out in the garage till about 10 p.m. putting a new garage door opener in. Weather actually wasn't too bad.

Rear speakers are worthless. Take those bitches out! it was a good night to be working last night though. I was out in the garage till about 10 p.m. putting a new garage door opener in. Weather actually wasn't too bad.
I agree that they are worthless and do not help the soundstage at all. I do want to be able to have some noise back there to keep the kiddo entertained while she is back there though. When I have her in the truck the subs get turned off and the music all the sudden changes. It's weird. Lol

Oh?

I agree that they are worthless and do not help the soundstage at all. I do want to be able to have some noise back there to keep the kiddo entertained while she is back there though. When I have her in the truck the subs get turned off and the music all the sudden changes. It's weird. Lol

I know the feeling. My buddy pick me up when I flew into Denver and he's got a Ford F-150 with a JL 13 sub, 2000watts, and he has his kids with them. So we're rolling down the street windows down blaring the wheels on my bus go round and round with tons of bass! Cracked me up.

Anyone else get a wild ass wind storm last night? It was like being inside a tornado at my place! There was a sensation inside the entire house that felt and sounded like you were standing right underneath the A/C intake in your house... like the air was being pulled straight up all around you, with a constant, even wind howl. It sucked the sunscreens off my exterior windows and moved around 35lb patio chairs like they were paper bags! It was nuts!
If you want proper sound staging you cannot have rear speakers. The idea of a good stereo system is to have all the audio coming from the front as if you were listening to a concert. If you have vocals coming from behind you throws off the entire experience.
I've never thought of that. Seems weird to me, but makes sense.

Anyone else get a wild ass wind storm last night? It was like being inside a tornado at my place! There was a sensation inside the entire house that felt and sounded like you were standing right underneath the A/C intake in your house... like the air was being pulled straight up all around you, with a constant, even wind howl. It sucked the sunscreens off my exterior windows and moved around 35lb patio chairs like they were paper bags! It was nuts!

I've never thought of that. Seems weird to me, but makes sense.

yeah damn near lost my newly planted tree because of the wind. Crazy out came out of nowhere then just was done in a few minutes

If you want proper sound staging you cannot have rear speakers. The idea of a good stereo system is to have all the audio coming from the front as if you were listening to a concert. If you have vocals coming from behind you throws off the entire experience.

Was unaware of this, our corporate cruiser bumps, and sounds really clear/awesome, but I dont think we have removed the rear speakers. I personally dont like when the bass sounds disconnected from the sound (a lot of super bass driven sub systems I have experienced) I prefer it to sound like it is part of the music. But we also quite often have people in the back seat, not sure that it matters though. They are normally focused on breathing when the sub is up haha

Was unaware of this, our corporate cruiser bumps, and sounds really clear/awesome, but I dont think we have removed the rear speakers. I personally dont like when the bass sounds disconnected from the sound (a lot of super bass driven sub systems I have experienced) I prefer it to sound like it is part of the music. But we also quite often have people in the back seat, not sure that it matters though. They are normally focused on breathing when the sub is up haha

Sounds fun! I love SPL, the more the better. But with the Taco since there is such a limit of what you can throw into the back of the DC versions I went with an SQ build.

If you have passengers rear speakers are good. The only suggestion is to put in a component set so the rear passengers have good sound. If you have an aftermarket HU most of them allow you to shut the rear speakers off for sound staging reasons. Turn them back on when passengers are in the back.

Sounds like you have a massive sub in there? What do you run?

Reminder! Meet tonight at Islamorada in Riverview! We have reservations in the bar area, if anyone beats me there just tell them you're with the Tacoma group. (y)

Last edited:
Sounds fun! I love SPL, the more the better. But with the Taco since there is such a limit of what you can throw into the back of the DC versions I went with an SQ build.

If you have passengers rear speakers are good. The only suggestion is to put in a component set so the rear passengers have good sound. If you have an aftermarket HU most of them allow you to shut the rear speakers off for sound staging reasons. Turn them back on when passengers are in the back.

Sounds like you have a massive sub in there? What do you run?

This was the old set up in the Black Truck:
JL Audio Clean Sweep Interfaced Factory HU
JL Audio Components Front and Rear
2x fosgate 12" Shallow mounts
Fosgate 800H2 Mono Amp
PPI 400.4 4 Channel
Custom built Sub Enclosure and amp rack
100sf Dynamat

My taco

Rockford T 200.2 -mids
Alpine PDX M6
Alpine Type R shallow - built the box to be 1.75cuft ported at 27hz
Focal 30th anniversary component
No rear speakers
Sound deaden and ensolite foam on all vertical walls and floor pan. Inside of doors are sealed as well. No need to do the roof. I never deaden roofs unless you can bounce a quarter on top of the roof with bass.

I'll be adding a Rockford T400.4 to run my mids then I'm gong to use the 200.2 for the tweets. Speakers are 80RMS, been pushing 200+ rms to them for a long ass time without issues. Figured it's time to step it up another notch. 200+ watts to mids, 160 to the tweets. Should really make them scream.

This was the old set up in the Black Truck:
JL Audio Clean Sweep Interfaced Factory HU
JL Audio Components Front and Rear
2x fosgate 12" Shallow mounts
Fosgate 800H2 Mono Amp
PPI 400.4 4 Channel
Custom built Sub Enclosure and amp rack
100sf Dynamat

1531951295082.gif

My taco

Rockford T 200.2 -mids
Alpine PDX M6
Alpine Type R shallow - built the box to be 1.75cuft ported at 27hz
Focal 30th anniversary component
No rear speakers
Sound deaden and ensolite foam on all vertical walls and floor pan. Inside of doors are sealed as well. No need to do the roof. I never deaden roofs unless you can bounce a quarter on top of the roof with bass.

I'll be adding a Rockford T400.4 to run my mids then I'm gong to use the 200.2 for the tweets. Speakers are 80RMS, been pushing 200+ rms to them for a long ass time without issues. Figured it's time to step it up another notch. 200+ watts to mids, 160 to the tweets. Should really make them scream.

I want a new headunit in my 3rd gen bit dont want to loose the navi interface

I want a new headunit in my 3rd gen bit dont want to loose the navi interface

If you like the stock HU don't get a new one. Nothing will compare to how stock software is. Your best bet is to get a LOC (Line Out Converter) and then install amps and crap running off the stock setup. A JL clean sweep is also good if you are keeping stock.

I'm not an audiophile and I don't know what most of this stuff is, but I do know the stock sound system in my truck is muddy garbage. Are there simple, plug-and-play components to clean up the sound and add a little bit of range without resorting to adding amps and subs and shit?

If you like the stock HU don't get a new one. Nothing will compare to how stock software is. Your best bet is to get a LOC (Line Out Converter) and then install amps and crap running off the stock setup. A JL clean sweep is also good if you are keeping stock.
I had a LOC removed it and and now running direct to JL xd700 amp. Woot

I'm not an audiophile and I don't know what most of this stuff is, but I do know the stock sound system in my truck is muddy garbage. Are there simple, plug-and-play components to clean up the sound and add a little bit of range without resorting to adding amps and subs and shit?

There is that company that makes a install that is all plug in play. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, I've heard nothing but good about them. They are a bit overpriced though.

These guys: http://oemaudioplus.com/toyota/tacoma-options/

I've never heard a setup from them, but I keep hearing lots of good about them.

Last edited:
Back