• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Az bs thread.

Back wall is already done.
20170805_191933.jpg
Oh damn! Nice!

Yes but I'm not always in the office. I'm salaried so technically I'm always working, but I'm never really working haha
Let me know if you want to try and get it installed some time during the week and I will see if I can get someone to watch my little girl for a while. Stay at home dad life.

Let me know if you want to try and get it installed some time during the week and I will see if I can get someone to watch my little girl for a while. Stay at home dad life.
Will do!

And I feel you, I did the work from home dad thing for the better part of a year when mine was still bitty. Now she's 4-1/2 going on 14.

Will do!

And I feel you, I did the work from home dad thing for the better part of a year when mine was still bitty. Now she's 4-1/2 going on 14.
I know I haven't done as many as you and Jerry but I did my own shocks and struts. I have been meaning to ask you since it seems like you have done a lot of this stuff. What do you think I should go with instead of my 5100s for another inch lift and a better ride? I was thinking about a stage 2 Icon setup but wasn't sure.

I know I haven't done as many as you and Jerry but I did my own shocks and struts. I have been meaning to ask you since it seems like you have done a lot of this stuff. What do you think I should go with instead of my 5100s for another inch lift and a better ride? I was thinking about a stage 2 Icon setup but wasn't sure.
I vote ICON! ?

You really can't go wrong with coilovers, which ones are right for you is the hard part to figure out because of the differences in price, valving, travel options, etc.

You really can't go wrong with coilovers, which ones are right for you is the hard part to figure out because of the differences in price, valving, travel options, etc.
I would prefer under 2 grand all said and done. I think my ride issue is just from the preload on the stock front coils. If I did a longer front coil would that do the trick to keeping the truck level but not having preload?

I would prefer under 2 grand all said and done. I think my ride issue is just from the preload on the stock front coils. If I did a longer front coil would that do the trick to keeping the truck level but not having preload?
How much higher are you looking to go up front? Springs could definitely help lift the front. My 650# springs started to sag a bit so I had a ton of preload on them. Couple months ago I swapped them out with 700# springs and they haven't budged. What springs are you on right now? Pics of preload?

Yes, definitely. Too much preload will make it ride like crap. You have a 1.5" AAL in the rear, right? I think the OME 887s would level the front with the rear with no preload on the 5100s. That's definitely the inexpensive way to go. 888s might lift the front a little higher than the rear. Either will ride much softer than the factory springs with preload. If you get aftermarket coils, don't forget to add a lean spacer or the driver's side will sit lower than the passenger side.
How much higher are you looking to go up front? Springs could definitely help lift the front. My 650# springs started to sag a bit so I had a ton of preload on them. Couple months ago I swapped them out with 700# springs and they haven't budged. What springs are you on right now? Pics of preload?
He's on 5100s with preloaded stock coils.

Yes, definitely. Too much preload will make it ride like crap. You have a 1.5" AAL in the rear, right? I think the OME 887s would level the front with the rear with no preload on the 5100s. That's definitely the inexpensive way to go. 888s might lift the front a little higher than the rear. Either will ride much softer than the factory springs with preload. If you get aftermarket coils, don't forget to add a lean spacer or the driver's side will sit lower than the passenger side.

I don't have anything in the rear other than 5100 shocks. It's just stock height but an inch higher in the front to level it out.

I don't have anything in the rear other than 5100 shocks. It's just stock height but an inch higher in the front to level it out.
Oh ok, yeah, springs would definitely be the most inexpensive way to go then. No spacers!! lol. We spun the preload on mine about 1/4" more on the driver's side and has no effect on the ride.

Oh ok, yeah, springs would definitely be the most inexpensive way to go then. No spacers!! lol. We spun the preload on mine about 1/4" more on the driver's side and has no effect on the ride.
I would never do spacers to level the truck. That's why I went with the 5100. This setup has been ok for the last couple of years but I just feel like it's time for a change.

Are they 2nd or 3rd Gen 5100s in the front? I had the 2nd Gen 5100s on my stock coils on the last truck for a while and was unhappy with the ride also.

Not sure what coils would level the front with the rear with the stock leaf packs... possibly 885s, but I'm really not sure. The Eibachs, 887s and 888s would definitely make you nose-high.

Are they 2nd or 3rd Gen 5100s in the front? I had the 2nd Gen 5100s on my stock coils on the last truck for a while and was unhappy with the ride also.

Not sure what coils would level the front with the rear with the stock leaf packs... possibly 885s, but I'm really not sure. The Eibachs, 887s and 888s would definitely make you nose-high.
They are 2nd gen 5100s. I got them before they released the 3rd gen 5100s

I just saw this, but it doesn't get here until tomorrow afternoon anyways. Maybe tomorrow night? :unsure:

On another note, it looks like UPS thought it might be more economical to drag my leaf packs behind the truck instead of putting them inside the trailer :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20180717_010510.jpg

Mine looked just as bad

Mine looked just as bad
Did you touch them up or nah? Thinking I may just hit them with some rattle can enamel while they're apart. Hoping to put the Speedway Motors liners in this afternoon.

Did you touch them up or nah? Thinking I may just hit them with some rattle can enamel while they're apart. Hoping to put the Speedway Motors liners in this afternoon.

When i got the new leaf pack for my camaro I used this stuff. They came out pretty nice, can’t tell they were ever scratched.

814D20FA-9309-44D1-B521-B69838991FC4.jpeg

Back