• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Any EFFECTIVE ways to prevent RODENT damage or infestation on the Tacoma

bpoifvet

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 Sport DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Still in the process of getting my engine wire harness replaced because of them damn rodents.

$6,000 dollars in parts and labor total, but thankfully it will be covered with Comprehensive Insurance claim has anyone been through this?

Has anyone found an effective way to prevent or deter varmints from having another dinner feast on essential wires and components?

I looked online for some solutions, but I want to reach out to all Tacoma owners in this forum with proven effective methods used. I've seen specific types of "capsaicin" laced electrical tape, sprays, traps etc.
Unfortunately I do not have a garage and it's parked outside in the elements and winter is around the corner, so cheap and effective solutions that are simple and easy to apply.

THanks everyone, and stay safe out there in Pandemia!

I had $3k worth of damage when they chewed through the knock sensor harness, buried under the intake. Insurance covered $2k, but still. I have since plugged in high-pitched devices there supposed to deter them. I can't hear the noise, but the wife apparently can.

Upvote 0
The key is to provide the rodents a better alternative than chewing on your truck.

I have a few traps in the shop and keep them baited. Usually catch one every few months. Nothing else seems to work, just cats and traps

Upvote 0
Ya my 2017 Tacoma I took it to Toyota of Riverside today and they said the Rodents are my wiring up and showed me pictures of the damage too! So now they are going to put a new wiring harness on it threw my insurance company!!!

Upvote 0
Back