• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

89747-0R020 alternatives

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
First off...is that a mirror inside?

2019-03-17 13.27.35.jpg

So I was fiddling around under the hood looking for places to mount a relay and I came across this doo-hickey. Seems like it's the thing that makes the noise when I lock the truck. I'm not entirely sure what else is does. I'm wondering if there is some kind of after market replacement that lets me change the sound though. With every toyota making the same chirping sound it's sometimes difficult to tell if my car is locked or if it was the guy next to me in the parking lot. I'm kind of amused by the idea of a "Moo" when I hit the button. Anyway, seems like SOMEONE would have made a mod for this thing since it's so accessible and easy to just unplug and replace.

Interesting, the thoughts never crossed my mind till now. A "moo" of a sound would probably turn heads more than anything haha. Hope someone has smth for this.

moo! lol

it could be something that takes off especially if you can synch your own sound byte.

Yeah, I'm talking with some tech friends now. We're going to do some testing. I'm a little shocked no one else has done this. I can't find anything in my searches though.

Maybe something like this would work: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SimpleAudioPlayer

Last edited:
I found smth that id think would be perfect; progammable buzzer. The exact one however is discontinued and i have yet to find anything that allows programming.

Back